Premed 101 Forums

Test Day Nutrition!

invincible110

Just wondering how did you guys eat during the day of your test, and did you bring food to munch on during the breaks of the test??

My test is at noon, which now I feel wasn't such a great idea when it comes down to eating. I think I am going to eat early like 7am or something and then eat again around 10:30am and then bring in granola bars or something to eat during breaks...

What did you guys do? and what did you eat?

I think its very important to consider what you eat before and during the exam (and after too...and it should include tons of adult beverages). My whole mindset changes with what I eat. its probably all psychological woohaw but who cares?

I'm hypoglycemic so I plan on eating something during every break. Something small like a Werthers during the first couple then a power bar

I write at 2pm and plan on sleeping in, eating a late breakfast then a lighter lunch around 1pm.

Just wondering how did you guys eat during the day of your test, and did you bring food to munch on during the breaks of the test??

My test is at noon, which now I feel wasn't such a great idea when it comes down to eating. I think I am going to eat early like 7am or something and then eat again around 10:30am and then bring in granola bars or something to eat during breaks...

What did you guys do? and what did you eat?

I had a Twix bar after the PS section, just water after the VR. and then another Twix bar after the writing. I usually get hungry during tests so this helps :D.

I drank a Gatorade and ate a sub from Subway that morning (hard to eat it...was a bit anxious). I used the washroom a few times before the exam (b/c if you cannot wait for your break, your exam won't pause). And I placed a glass of water on the invigilator's desk (you cannot keep anything near you).

My first break--drank the water, used the washroom. All other breaks I stretched, and then just carried on (too anxious). The invigilator won't let you go over your break time, but it still wasn't relaxing enough for me to eat.

Hmm cool, Gatorade seems to be a favourite. I never thought about that but I think I will get some too.

Do you guys think it is a good idea to take less time on the break between PS and VR to make sure that less of your test is affected by people who move on to the the writing section and start typing. I am kind of worried about this staggered start of people. VR is already my weakest section and I don't want to be irritated in this section above all. Does arriving early at the test center have any correlation with getting in earlier and starting the test earlier??

Hmm cool, Gatorade seems to be a favourite. I never thought about that but I think I will get some too.

Do you guys think it is a good idea to take less time on the break between PS and VR to make sure that less of your test is affected by people who move on to the the writing section and start typing. I am kind of worried about this staggered start of people. VR is already my weakest section and I don't want to be irritated in this section above all. Does arriving early at the test center have any correlation with getting in earlier and starting the test earlier??

Yes. At least it did at mine. The invigilator can only take one person's set of fingerprints and photo at a time so everyone starts at about 5 or 10min apart.

Yes. At least it did at mine. The invigilator can only take one person's set of fingerprints and photo at a time so everyone starts at about 5 or 10min apart.

Sorry, so are you saying you came in early, or that you took a shorter break between PS and VR? I am thinking of arriving 1 hour prior to test time, is that too early...I know the AAMC site says arrive just 1/2 hour before

Sorry, so are you saying you came in early, or that you took a shorter break between PS and VR? I am thinking of arriving 1 hour prior to test time, is that too early...I know the AAMC site says arrive just 1/2 hour before

Both. Some people will begin their exams up to 20min earlier than others due to the fact that the invigilator has to set up each individual. I skipped most of my breaks--only took the first one.

Edit: My invigilator didn't show up until 1/2 before hand...I hadn't even known I was in the right spot (I was 45min early) until then.

Archived