Premed 101 Forums

Conditional acceptance

Guest UFTMD

Guest UFTMD

To Anyone Who Can Help:

I received an admission offer from UFT but it is conditional on me finishing BSc Honors. When I was applying I thought I would do Honors in BSc but then I changed my mind and ended up doing only BSc. Now would this jeopardize my admission offer. I don't want to call and bring this to the attention of UFT staff (I had a friend who received an interview from UFT dentistry without one pre-requisite, when she called to inquire they took away her interview). Please reply asap...

Guest better to be honest

Hi UFTMD, congratulation on your acceptance. I understand you must feel very insecure right now, worried that they might take back their offer. However, I think it is better for you to be honest with them then to remain quiet about this matter. Should they look into your transcript and discover that you did not meet the requirements for a Hon. B.Sc degree, they would definitely revoke the offer (honesty is important). On the other hand, if you let them know up front that you finished a B.Sc degree instead, there's a good chance that you will still be a member of the 2006 class. Of course, different people will probably tell you different things. In the end, it's up to you to make the decision. Good luck!

Guest UFTMD

Hi "better to be honest"

Thank you for your advice. After reading your post, I decided to just call the office (you gave me the courage I needed) and Ms. Taylor assured me that it wouldn't affect my acceptance. Thanks once again!

Guest better to be honest

UFTMD, congratulations!! You must feel so relieved now. Out of curiosity, did you get accepted off the waiting list? If so, when did you find out the good news? Once again, congratulations!

Guest YongQ

I think you should come clean. I've heard of some awful things happen to people whose inaccurate applications had been exposed <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> after<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> they'd enrolled - it's not pretty. And the worst way to start a medical career is with a lie (or rather, withholding the truth).

BTW, I've never heard of that criterion, i.e. someone's acceptance being contingent on getting a B.Sc. Hon. Seeing as some med students don't have degrees at all!

As a future physician, your integrity is everything. Good luck!

YONGQ

Archived