Premed 101 Forums

Late registration?

med88

you should start looking for an opening anywhere anytime at this point. honestly there are lots of people who need to take this exam or who retake it, ect... i signed up beginning of july to write in sept and have to go to ottawa because there are no spots left in montreal. i knew a guy that drove to nova scotia to take it because he couldn't write in montreal.

you should start looking for an opening anywhere anytime at this point. honestly there are lots of people who need to take this exam or who retake it, ect... i signed up beginning of july to write in sept and have to go to ottawa because there are no spots left in montreal. i knew a guy that drove to nova scotia to take it because he couldn't write in montreal.

I know two other people here who did something similar too. One went to Toronto and the other to Alberta to write it. Get a spot anywhere asap!

*bump*

also writing in ottawa, since i couldnt find any spots in montreal. funny i also know someone who had to go to nova scota. i couldnt imagine doing the trip down there, but desperate times call for desperate measure i suppose.

also writing in ottawa, since i couldnt find any spots in montreal. funny i also know someone who had to go to nova scota. i couldnt imagine doing the trip down there, but desperate times call for desperate measure i suppose.

Same here as well lol! It's really really hard to find an opening in Toronto (where I will be in September). Just curious, how early will you get to Ottawa? How are you getting there (driving, bus, train, etc)? And if you are staying the night before, where would you stay (just some random hotel)?

Late July I was able to book the Snyder Place in Buffalo for Sept 12th....

Given that I grew up in Niagara I can stay there for the night and take the 30 minute drive in the morning.

I would still rather write in Hamilton, London or Mississauga but at least it's a good option.

The test also doesn't start till 12, so I won't be too rushed in the morning/and can leave early enough that the border doesn't become an issue.

Same here as well lol! It's really really hard to find an opening in Toronto (where I will be in September). Just curious, how early will you get to Ottawa? How are you getting there (driving, bus, train, etc)? And if you are staying the night before, where would you stay (just some random hotel)?

im in montreal, so itll only be about a 2 hour drive. ill probably get there by noon on the day of th exam, and ill be driving there.

Late July I was able to book the Snyder Place in Buffalo for Sept 12th....

Given that I grew up in Niagara I can stay there for the night and take the 30 minute drive in the morning.

I would still rather write in Hamilton, London or Mississauga but at least it's a good option.

The test also doesn't start till 12, so I won't be too rushed in the morning/and can leave early enough that the border doesn't become an issue.

that was what I was planning to do last year. The US seems to just have more spots/flexibility

by the way - good luck on the test!

im in montreal, so itll only be about a 2 hour drive. ill probably get there by noon on the day of th exam, and ill be driving there.

Lucky you lol, only 2 hours away from Ottawa. I'm in Toronto so it's like at least a 5 hour drive for me :mad:

i'm just asking your opinion: should I drive over to Ottawa the night before and stay the night, or wake up really early on the test day and attempt to drive there? I can have my friend drive me there in the morning so I won't be too tired by the time I get to Ottawa.

Lucky you lol, only 2 hours away from Ottawa. I'm in Toronto so it's like at least a 5 hour drive for me :mad:

i'm just asking your opinion: should I drive over to Ottawa the night before and stay the night, or wake up really early on the test day and attempt to drive there? I can have my friend drive me there in the morning so I won't be too tired by the time I get to Ottawa.

if it was a 5 hour drive i would certainly get there the night before and get a good night sleep. its tough sitting in a car for that long, especially right before the test. you might as well pay a little extra and get yourself a hotel or somewhere decent to sleep the night before.

Archived