Premed 101 Forums

3rd year program reqs

Guest porcine tcell

Guest porcine tcell

How strict is U of T admissions about sticking to your 3rd year program requirements? It says that you can only enter after third year if you fulfill your 3rd year requirements for your program in the admissions guide, but is this enough to rescind your offer of admission? If it is the case that you did not complete all your reqs, can you defer your acceptance for a year until you've finished them?

Guest chin up

I'm assuming now that you're talking about applying during the 3rd year of a 4-yr program.

I also just finished my 3rd year, and on my acceptance letter, it said that the offer of admission IS contingent upon my providing either proof i've just GOTTEN a 3-yr degree, or a letter from my registrar saying that i've "completed the 3rd-yr requirements" of a 4-yr program. So I'm pretty sure they're strict about it - I doubt they're strict enough to go rooting through your calendar to line up the requirements themselves, but they do want to see that letter.

I have also just deferred my admission, but it was to complete my degree (i.e. I don't think they'll let you do it just to get those 3rd-year requirements - for a deferral i think they want to see that little piece of sheepskin...).

Hope this helps!

Archived