Premed 101 Forums

Aug 14 Test-omg!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't tell if I should feel relieved (because I was so sure I was going to bomb) or upset because I might have to re-write?

9/10/9S?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Well, if you're applying in Ontario:

Toronto states they only care about 9/9/9 in each section and higher doesn't help your application.

If you're from the SWOMEN region, you would meet cut offs for Western (8/8/8), but if not, you would need to increase your BS score to 11. You are probably short of the cut-off for Queens, which has been rumoured to hover at around 31 or so.

MacMaster only looks at Verbal and the other Ontario schools don't look at the MCAT.

SO depending on if you're applying this year and the schools you're interested in applying to (or applying to schools in other provinces, which also count the mcat) you may want to consider a re-do. But congrats for now being done the mcat! :) I'm hoping it's more of a relief to have scores out.

Thank for the quick reply sobes! I'm actually IP for UBC so I was mainly thinking for UBC and U of C - but was also considering U of T so that was super helpful!

Might just see how this application cycle plays out and then re-consider once it's over.

Congrats on being done with MCAT yourself.

Archived