Premed 101 Forums

Aug 14 Test-omg!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horribly depressing, I'm one point short on the VR to apply for Dal IP and my writing sample is absolutely horrible (thought it was "easy"!), always did "ok" on the practice rounds, a lot of people must've wrote some good stuff. It doesn't get worse than this...

They will consider you, if you scored a 7 in one category as long as your score is above 24. I think he said he got below 7 in VR.

I'm sorry your scores are a disappointment. If its any consolation I got a 5 in PS the first time I wrote the MCAT in April. When I rewrote in August I got a 9. So it is possible to make significant improvements depending on the passages. VR seems to present a lot of challenges for science majors. Have you tried Exam Krackers? I hear the practice questions for VR are helpful. Definitely don't give up, and try not to be discouraged!

They will consider you, if you scored a 7 in one category as long as your score is above 24. I think he said he got below 7 in VR.

I'm sorry your scores are a disappointment. If its any consolation I got a 5 in PS the first time I wrote the MCAT in April. When I rewrote in August I got a 9. So it is possible to make significant improvements depending on the passages. VR seems to present a lot of challenges for science majors. Have you tried Exam Krackers? I hear the practice questions for VR are helpful. Definitely don't give up, and try not to be discouraged!

I scored 6VR, 10PS, 11BS, and a whooping K for the writing sample, which I thought I did well in because the statements they gave were easy! I simply don't fare well with writing/reading... I've tried Exam Krackers since several people recommended it specifically for the VR and I have also gone through Kaplan. I'm not giving up yet, but I basically wasted the time between Sept. 2011 and August 2012. Will try again next year, hopefully I'll do something useful. In the meantime, I'll be attempting for MUN.

The score of a 6 and a K is a hard kick in the nuts!

I scored

11/8/14 P

I'm gonna rewrite it.

But I donno how I'm gonna reassure that my VR and WS scores will improve.

I tried the examcrackers like few weeks be4 my MCAT

But I was so rushed during VR on actual MCAT tho.

I absolutely despise VR/WS :(

With those scores, you could apply to a few schools, depending on which province you are in.

I scored

11/8/14 P

I'm gonna rewrite it.

But I donno how I'm gonna reassure that my VR and WS scores will improve.

I tried the examcrackers like few weeks be4 my MCAT

But I was so rushed during VR on actual MCAT tho.

I absolutely despise VR/WS :(

I'll explain to you my template for the Writing Sample if you ever want. I've always done well on it by just following what princeton has said more or less and including a few things of my own.

However, each essay I write is quite similar... I already have a few sentences thought out before I go in there which saves time, allows me to think and proof-read.... I'm a half-decent writer but not an award winning author by any means lol.... so if I can do well, others should be able to also.

The verbal.... if you decide to redo it, give yourself a solid and consistent 3-4 months of practice. Read unfamiliar, boring and complex material and try to pull out the authors main point for writing the article. Verbal is a war of attrition.

Long-time lurker here....i guess this is my introduction...alliwantismed.

Did anyone think they were going to get really bad scores but ended up getting really good ones? Cuz seriously, I walked out of that test thinking I bombed it...and I was mentally prepared to write it again in January (no jokes).

Maybe I was just being too hard on myself cuz my actual marks reflected my scores on the AAMC diagnostics leading up to the final few weeks b4 the test.

(If you're curious, I scored 36R).

Archived