Premed 101 Forums

Application process + Question about highscool grades

Hi all!

I am a 4th year OOP student applying to U of A for the upcoming cycle. I am doing my preliminaries right now, and I was just wondering, do I still need to include highschool information?

I'm guessing the highschool stuff is to confirm IP residency but since I'm not, do I still need to input this in? And also the grades for high school courses?

One last question is about the application process.

Right now, I'm filling out the preliminaries (which doesn't seem like a lot of information inputting). SO when I hit submit with my payment, will the link me to the secondaries? Is this where I put a bio-sketch and get all my references in?

Thanks!

I think the general application you have to fill out prior to getting the secondary medical application is a general undergraduate programs application which includes things like BA's BSc's etc. So If you were a high school student applying to uni for the first time, you'd only be filling out that stuff basically....that's my take on it. I'm 4th year OOP too, I didn't bother filling out the details of my high school courses and was lead to the secondary application just fine. There's also a bear-tracks site that lets you see what you have due/pending, and when I check that, it doesn't say my high school grades are pending or anything, just my university transcripts and stuff.

"Official" transcripts are those sent directly to the Registrar's Office by the institution you attended. You must submit official transcripts from every university and college attended, even if only one course was taken. We do not require high school transcripts, however you must submit official transcripts for any IB or AP courses taken. "

From the UofA secondary medicine application.

Archived