Premed 101 Forums

To Sept Writers

shestheman

lol maybe I'll try and balance out optimism/pessimism ratio here.

3rd time writing. Wrote last July and want to bring my Bio from a 10 to an 11 for Western this year.

I only began studying at the start of August, not because I'm an arrogant hot dog but because the extra incentive to get an interview for certain at Western only came at the end of July..... Before that I was happy to take a chance with my MCAT score the way it was now.

So over the first 20-25 days of studying I've managed to do total content review for PS and have 6/11 chapters of bio down and 0/5 for Orgo. I plan to finish initial content review by August 30th. Which will give me 12 days to re-review anything I've typed up, do practice problems and to write AAMC 6 and 9 (the only two I didn't do last year) and one day to completely relax before the exam on the 12th.

At the moment I'm feeling good with content review. It is still very fresh from last year and that's the only reason I've been able to review comfortably at the pace I've been keeping. If I had tried to go this quick on attempt one or two I would be burnt out and not truly comprehending.

Similar to the first two times, it feels like I'm hanging out there because I feel like I have all the material under my belt but no practice scores to prove it. I've been doing a couple EK verbal sections and getting 10's however my pacing is off. I'm finishing with too much time to spare and would like to slow it down. I have no problem getting a 10 on a section that doesn't suit my strength but when I miss higher score because of misreading question and answer stems I feel like a dimwit.

So all in all I feel good but will feel much better when I'm done my initial go through, have a practice test under my belt and then can focus on the areas I really want to work on with practice problems and hopefully achieve that illusive 11 for me on Bio....

3rd time is a charm right? lol

Best of luck to everyone else writing in September.

supafield, you have an amazing and the best attitude that you have earned by self-assessment and having a clear understanding of the process from inside and out. Best of luck, may you be charmed and your wishes be fulfilled!!

hmm i thought my self-assessment was pretty good lol

Archived