Premed 101 Forums

MCAT re-wrte

magiman

Hey guys,

I am in a odd situation. I wrote my mcat on August 21st and I am unsure of how I did. There were a few questions that i completely guessed on because of lack of time. I am wondering if you guys would suggest me writing the test again in September. And if I feel good about it -- send it in.. and if I don't feel confident... void it. I am worried that writing the test in such a short time frame wouldn't allow me to improve my marks (namely VR) and i don't want to do worse on my 2nd attempt because imsure that doesn't look good . im wondering if you guys have any thoughts

thanks so much!

Hey guys,

I am in a odd situation. I wrote my mcat on August 21st and I am unsure of how I did. There were a few questions that i completely guessed on because of lack of time. I am wondering if you guys would suggest me writing the test again in September. And if I feel good about it -- send it in.. and if I don't feel confident... void it. I am worried that writing the test in such a short time frame wouldn't allow me to improve my marks (namely VR) and i don't want to do worse on my 2nd attempt because imsure that doesn't look good . im wondering if you guys have any thoughts

thanks so much!

If you don't know the marks and don't think you can improve in such a short time then just hold off and use what you've got...you never know, you could have done well enough to get interviews ;) If not, then you'd have to rewrite next year anyways (because you don't think you can improve).

I agree with Cnussey. I mean the answer seems pretty obvious but I some feedback from other premeds is always comforting. :D

Rewrite if you think you can do better. Don't rewrite if you don't think you can improve. I know for me at least, I tend to start forgetting material as soon as I leave the exams.

So... let me get this clear..

if i write the test and i void it... its like it never existed and if i release my marks to omsas.. they will only see my first attempt (considering the void test is my 2nd attempt)?

Any test you "void" is completely "void", but you won't get the money back.

Archived