Premed 101 Forums

How many times are you allowed to take the MCAT?

elninio

Mcgill says:

Competitive applicants should have a minimum overall numeric score of 30, with no science section numerical score less than 9 and verbal reasoning section less than 8. Applicants should have written the MCAT no more than three times in order to be considered a competitive applicant.

I don't know anything about the 3 write rule. I DO know that back when I wrote the test on paper, if we had to write more than 3-4 (i don't remembre which), we would have to get a letter from some prof or something that said that we did intend to apply to medical school. It wasn't that they wouldn't let you write, they just want to make sure you're writing because you're applying and not to just memorize all the questions to give to some company (princton, kaplan etc).

I haven't written yet and I'm scared Sh!tless.

So do med schools always automatically know how many times you have written when you send in your scores? Or do they have to investigate once looking at your file? Unless they state otherwise, they don't care when looking at your score, right?

For example, if someone gets a 45T the first time writing, and someone gets a 19J twice and THEN a 40Q, they are still considered equally competitive based on high cutoff scores?

The person who did extremely well the first time doesn't get any preference, and the person who bombed twice doesn't get docked, am I right? As long as they both have a high score.

Can anyone confirm? :)

Oh crap... I didn't know that some schools look at only the most RECENT mcat results. I posted this on another thread, but this year, there was a 2 hour delay before I was allowed to go in to write the test. I know that my marks this year are gonna be much worse than last year, so I was hoping to just use last years marks.

Now this may really mess me up. Which schools look at only the most recent results?

Oh crap... I didn't know that some schools look at only the most RECENT mcat results. I posted this on another thread, but this year, there was a 2 hour delay before I was allowed to go in to write the test. I know that my marks this year are gonna be much worse than last year, so I was hoping to just use last years marks.

Now this may really mess me up. Which schools look at only the most recent results?

Crap! That's not good :( Unfortunately the majority look only at your most recent one!

Archived