What to do?

magiman

I graduated in 2008 with the following stats at Queens

cGPA: 3.76

UoT: 3.89

Western: 3.91

USA GPA: 3.85

MCAT: 30R

I worked at a big pharmaceutical company at R&D for the past year thats why I am a year out of school.

I have okay EC (student government, elected representative for 1000 students) 2nd author in Journal of Biological chemistry paper, a few conference poster presentations, an NIH grant (for a conference), I am unsure what I should do. Should I start a master's degree and wait it out for 2 years and write the MCAT again. Or should I just focus on the MCAt this year and continue to add to the ECs? Thannks so much guys... i am pulling my hair over what I should be doing next.

u guys from queens r so lucky to have an 80 counted as 4.0 in the states, I wish waterloo does the same. MY advice is certainly redo the MCAT, I have the exactly same mcat score as u but I dont plan to redo it because I got many other options due to my slightly stronger gpa, but I think u should consider redoing it for Western and Queens. Also u got a nice shot at uoft too, have u applied before?

yeah i was a little shocked by the conversion table for queens to the US GPA

I am applying this year but i am planning on writing the MCAT again to boost it up a bit.

part of me wanted to go a 5th year to boost my gpa a bit but i realized that i graduated and some schools might not look at it

what is considered a 4.0 for waterloo?

yeah i was a little shocked by the conversion table for queens to the US GPA

I am applying this year but i am planning on writing the MCAT again to boost it up a bit.

part of me wanted to go a 5th year to boost my gpa a bit but i realized that i graduated and some schools might not look at it

what is considered a 4.0 for waterloo?

If you don't mind me asking, how were your practice scores? do you really want to take the risk of being flagged at uoft if you do worse? and with your GPA + MCAT you can apply for Dal as an OOP as well, if you redo and do worse then this year for your application is over. My plan is use my mcat score +GPA to apply this year if I really don't stand a chance then I will redo it and next year my Ottawa GPA will increase from 3.9 this year to a 3.98 or 3.99 if I ace my 4th year so I have that one school to fall back on even if I bomb the mcat next year.

If you don't mind me asking, how were your practice scores? do you really want to take the risk of being flagged at uoft if you do worse? and with your GPA + MCAT you can apply for Dal as an OOP as well, if you redo and do worse then this year for your application is over. My plan is use my mcat score +GPA to apply this year if I really don't stand a chance then I will redo it and next year my Ottawa GPA will increase from 3.9 this year to a 3.98 or 3.99 if I ace my 4th year so I have that one school to fall back on even if I bomb the mcat next year.

3.99? Do you plan on get a 4.0 that easily? o.O

Archived