Premed 101 Forums

VR question to all those who have take the mcat this summer

Albertan10

my MCAT is coming up real soon and my marks on this section have been all over the place, so this worries me.

my marks particularly fluctuate unusually when doing the TPR online MCAT tests. the structure of the paragraphs on this test is more cramped up than the AAMC one, so it makes harder to find relevant material, and distiguish the ideas in the paragraphs.

Whereas AAMC i score with consistency between the tests.

obviously the AAMC tests should be more representative, but from some of the posts i've read people have complained about the length of the real MCAT as well as both the font and paragraphs.

So i wanted to get some clarification as well as some insight to what you guys have experienced on test date.

how was the length of VR compared to your practice material. was it more close to TPR or AAMC. was the font and structure of the paragraphs similar to AAMC or TPR? and some info on both content and question difficulty would be welcomed as well.

i just finished writing another test, so im completely burnt out. hopefully all of this makes sense

thanks in advance.

my MCAT is coming up real soon and my marks on this section have been all over the place, so this worries me.

my marks particularly fluctuate unusually when doing the TPR online MCAT tests. the structure of the paragraphs on this test is more cramped up than the AAMC one, so it makes harder to find relevant material, and distiguish the ideas in the paragraphs.

Whereas AAMC i score with consistency between the tests.

obviously the AAMC tests should be more representative, but from some of the posts i've read people have complained about the length of the real MCAT as well as both the font and paragraphs.

So i wanted to get some clarification as well as some insight to what you guys have experienced on test date.

how was the length of VR compared to your practice material. was it more close to TPR or AAMC. was the font and structure of the paragraphs similar to AAMC or TPR? and some info on both content and question difficulty would be welcomed as well.

i just finished writing another test, so im completely burnt out. hopefully all of this makes sense

thanks in advance.

They are not longer at all. The AAMC tests have a bigger width than the real MCAT so you don't have to scroll down as much. There is a lot more scrolling on the real MCAT but the length is comparable to the practice exams..

Archived