Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers in essay

Ok, so I know I need a verifier for every activity I mention in my application essay (I'm thinking U of T here... and maybe Mac's questions a little too). But depending on how you take that, it can be very limiting! For instance, if I want to mention my experience comforting a woman whose daughter was suffering with severe depression while I was volunteering at a Ronald McDonald house, well the only people who witnessed that were me and this woman! Do I need to provide a verifier for that conversation? or is it OK to just list my contact at the charity to verify that yes, I volunteered there and yes, that is the kind of situation one might encounter while working there... Last time around, I left a lot of good specific examples and experiences out because I was afraid if they couldn't verify them to their satisfaction it would discredit much of the essay. It made for a DAMN boring essay.

Help? Did anyone out there cite specific examples with a verifier who was not directly associated with them? (and did it work out OK?)

Archived