Premed 101 Forums

GPA of the people who got interviews........

Guest survey

Guest survey

I was just wondering what the GPA's were for the people who got interviews. If you know someone or have got an interview please post your GPA.

Thanks

Just being curious

:)

Guest MynameisSarah78

I should also add that I am currently an undergrad student.

(as I know that grad students are often interviewed/admitted with lower GPAs)

by the way GD721...did u have any research experience? what kind of extracurriculars?

Guest premed80

I had an interview last week. I had a GPA of 3.97. But I know of ppl who had already had interviews with GPAs in the 3.7s. From what I've heard, as long as your essay is solid, your GPA shouldn't have to be so high to get an interview.

Guest Top this MBP400

I have a GPA of 4.5 out of a 4.0 scale (for bonus marks) and my MCAT score was VR:13, PS:15, BS:15, WS:Z

I also have a PhD, several MSc.'s, an MBA and 11 Bacehelors degrees and am a nobel laureate.

Oh, I am also an Olympic biathelete and yes, I am the guy that invented the wheel, computers and automobiles.

I really hope I get an interview. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

P.S. I can also time travel.

Guest frivolous

Where is the mailman? I followed him home a couple of times and I noticed he tends to sleep in on Thursdays and Friday mornings. Did you guys here anything from anyone anywhere yet? I called the Admissions office and now they are sick of me calling ALL the time. They are thinking of cancelling the rest of the interviews.

A 4.0 and 38T is NOT impossible... I won't even bother trying to come up with how many people have stats like that (it'd just be a guess), but it's certainly do-able. However, I think it's actually looked upon more favourably at many schools if you have a 3.8 and 33 but have better activities to make yourself a more well-rounded person.

Guest cheech10

Those stats are definitely possible. 3.99 and 40R myself, plus a national championship in club soccer. And I personally know at least 3 others with similar stats.

People, surfing this site is the only thing that helps me to get rid of the stress of waiting and the anxiety....All this amazing stat stuff is not helping at all! Now, I think I'd better book a trip to Alaska and forget about all this med stuff :eek

Guest 1styearmed

I don't have a 4.0 from undergrad, I'm not an olympic swimmer (I don't even know how to swim). I have never played soccer in my life - let alone championship soccer. I do not have a master's or a PhD and I barely made the cutoff for MCAT to get an interview. I am also in the U of T first year meds class. It is a myth that you need marks that have been consistently in the 90's throughout undergrad to get into medical school. What I do have though is meaningful extra-curricular activities and I came accross as myself in the interview. That is what will get you into medical school. All this talk of world-class athletics, pulling 90's all throughout University is just icing on the cake. Don't sweat it.

Guest mbp400

Alright, I'll fess up ...

I'm a slacker, low-GPA, miserable masters degree,

screwed up the VR on my MCAT. I'm waiting just like all the rest of you. I can barely swim (but I'm trying).

Just thought I'd spice things up. I'm sure there are

some superhumans like that out there, (and I hope

the Easter bunny puts coal in their stocking...) but

I'm not one of them.

I'm tired of waiting like the rest of you. Maybe this

is just a test by U of T to see if we go insane

waiting. In my case they have won.

Good luck mailbox crew.

Guest Waiting

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote>Quote:<hr> Where is the mailman? I followed him home a couple of times and I noticed he tends to sleep in on Thursdays and Friday mornings.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END-->

Is <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> that<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> what happens -- those guys <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> sleep in<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->? Here I've been wondering why on certain days of the week, my household gets no mail at all.

Guest JSS02

I'm not part of the admissions committee (and in fact am just an applicant myself) but I can say with near certainty that's wrong. Why would they choose people randomly for the last interview weekend? That makes no sense.

What IS random is the order in which they review applications. Whether you're invited for an interview in March or in May has no bearing on your chances or how "strong" of an applicant they perceive you to be.

Guest The Fox

Hey guys,

For all you slackers out there with not so amazing stats, there is hope. I am probably the biggest slacker out there and I already got an interview. So dont frett it, yours is probably coming soon. I have a 3.84, VR-11, BS-11, PS-13, and WR-S. I am in my third year completing a CMMB degree, with decent extracurricular activities (never actually volunteered in a hospital though), and have some research experience (one published paper, but they did not know about it until my interview). So dont worry about having 4.0's.

The other deal with randomness. Some of my friends, with a much more solid application then me have just gotten their interviews in April. I am pretty sure what they do is divide you into random groups, one group for each interview weekend. You then compete with people within that group, and the best people get the interview. If you have not gotten and interview or a rejection letter yet (which they have sent out for some), there are two possibilities: 1.) You were stradlling the border line of rejection and interview and they want to wait till they see the quality of the other batches before rejecting you (I think this is a possiblity but not 100% sure) or 2.) This possibility I am sure of, they have not looked at your application and they will give you your interview in the next round, if you have a decent application. The second is the more probable possibility, so its just teh waiting game. I know of people who have heard about their interview 5 days before the actual inteview date. So there is still a lot of hope.

Best of luck

Archived