Premed 101 Forums

2nd degree and bursaries

Anyone knows if OMSAS requires that I enter both the degrees? One is an HonBsc and the other is my current undertaking, a BScN. I have a good cGPA in the BscN but I am sure the HonBSc will bring the total cGPA down.

I called OMSAS and she said the system is designed to enter only one degree. Question then becomes should I enter the bad one (former, main) or the good one (latter, current, not completed yet, 2nd degree)?

I called NSOM and they said both are required.

I keep getting different answers and the consolation is that they will figure it out form the transcpit - well I don't want to lie and get disqualified!!!!!

Secondly, what is the general consenses about mentioning bursaries in the awards section of the sketch.

Thanks

Ciao

Anyone knows if OMSAS requires that I enter both the degrees? One is an HonBsc and the other is my current undertaking, a BScN. I have a good cGPA in the BscN but I am sure the HonBSc will bring the total cGPA down.

I called OMSAS and she said the system is designed to enter only one degree. Question then becomes should I enter the bad one (former, main) or the good one (latter, current, not completed yet, 2nd degree)?

I called NSOM and they said both are required.

I keep getting different answers and the consolation is that they will figure it out form the transcpit - well I don't want to lie and get disqualified!!!!!

Secondly, what is the general consenses about mentioning bursaries in the awards section of the sketch.

Thanks

Ciao

Good evening,

Yes, you have to enter all post-secondary education. Have you read the OMSAS manual? It outlines all this fun stuff. You can find it on the OMSAS website.

Also, check out the OMSAS sub-forum on here.

Hope that helps!

If you call omsas - I'd advise you to take down the name, time and date you spoke to the agent...what if they give you incorrect info and as a result you get disqualified?you better be able to hold someone accountable. I would personally recommend you stick with what was written in the manual..and include both degree....I'm pretty sure you can enter two degrees...maybe have an agent walk you though it over the phone

________

Wholesale Vaporizer

Archived