Premed 101 Forums

employment - how far back?

I'm a 'mature' applicant with a masters, research etc. and about a decade of work experience in engineering. Might be a stupid question but I'm debating as to whether I need to put down my burger flipping and retail jobs from the early undergrad days. I ask due to Ottawa's statement about ONLY looking at activities carried out during the undergrad years. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance everyone from the Fossil.

I'm a 'mature' applicant with a masters, research etc. and about a decade of work experience in engineering. Might be a stupid question but I'm debating as to whether I need to put down my burger flipping and retail jobs from the early undergrad days. I ask due to Ottawa's statement about ONLY looking at activities carried out during the undergrad years. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance everyone from the Fossil.

Like many of these sketch questions, it's really up to you.

But since you have a considerable amount of professional work experience, I personally think that fast-food jobs you had in high-school or university seem trivial and insignificant.

On the other hand, if you were a current undergrad student with little professional work experience, it would make sense to put down whatever work experience you have.

Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with mature applications. Also, would you be able to find verifiers for jobs you had several years ago?

Your best bet would probably be to call the schools that you're applying to.

Archived