Premed 101 Forums

QUICK last minute question about course details

I'm sure this isnt as complicated as I'm making it, but just want to make sure I am getting this in correctly.

On the OMSAS Post-Secondary record section, I am confused about a couple of the fields when you input course info.

Course Code/Number ...i put [ BIOCHEM 280A ]

Course Name...i put [ BIOCHEM & MOLEC BIOL ]

but the "Course Name" does not show up in the institution summary. This ok?

also...i am confused about the weight of a course. does a full year course have a weight of 1 and a half year a half? If so, What is the 2 for? Ithought that would be full and 1 would be half! Please Clarify!!! thanks.

Ok, I'm confused. If I ENTER my courses as 0.5 for half a year, the OMSAS summary page shows OMSAS value weight of 1. If I enter a half year course as 1 for a half it shows up as 2 on the summary page.

So is it the summary page that we want to correspond with the value weight of 1 for a half year course?

Ok, I'm confused. If I ENTER my courses as 0.5 for half a year, the OMSAS summary page shows OMSAS value weight of 1. If I enter a half year course as 1 for a half it shows up as 2 on the summary page.

So is it the summary page that we want to correspond with the value weight of 1 for a half year course?

Hey man, others can correct me if I'm wrong...but the way I did it was entered 0.5 for half a credit, and 1 for a whole credit. Then, OMSAS automatically makes the adjustments for you. Such that, any and all 0.5 credits, which you've entered, will show up as 1 and any whole credits which you've entered, will show up as 2. OMSAS uses their 1's and 2's in their calculations of GPA.

Hope this helps.

Archived