Premed 101 Forums

Transcripts

Hey I guess people must be sick of hearing questions about the deadline but has anyone had any experience or heard from anyone else about how they have dealt with late transcripts in the past? Mine is going to reach them tomorrow. Do they just throw out any transcripts received after the 15th?

Hey I guess people must be sick of hearing questions about the deadline but has anyone had any experience or heard from anyone else about how they have dealt with late transcripts in the past? Mine is going to reach them tomorrow. Do they just throw out any transcripts received after the 15th?

I doubt it.

They're not Nazi's.

It says that it was sent prior to the 15th so it should be fine.

Remember they collect these things but don't look at everything exactly on the 15th.

I think as long as your transcripts are post-marked by Oct 1st then you should be fine. Here´s what is says in the application:

"Because it takes considerable time to update the electronic files, there may be a delay in indicating that required transcripts have been received. Therefore, if you have proof that by October 1st, 2009 you have arranged for us to receive official transcripts DO NOT CONTACT THIS OFFICE to confirm our receipt of your transcripts until October 31st, 2009. If, by that date, your file does not indicate that the transcripts have been received, contact us at ucmedapp@ucalgary.ca. Earlier queries will not be answered, as they delay the process unnecessarily."

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I did come across that. My concern stems from my own stupidity though. I didn't arrange for my transcript to be sent by Oct 1st. In fact, it probably reached UCal on the 16th which is why I was wondering if the status has been changed to 'received' for those who did have theirs sent on time.

Hmm I just got an email from Calgary saying that I must contact the Office of Admissions no later than October 28 if my transcripts were ordered by October 1st. And the email also states that all transcript that were received by them have been entered...

mine still says not receieved.

However, on the application homepage it says do not contact them about transcript untill after Oct.31?

Anybody got this email? Why are they sending out contradicting information?

I got the same e-mail. Mine still says "no" for the transcript status. A buddy of mine had his transcript sent the same day as me and his showed up as received a couple of days ago. I think I will call them if the status does not change tomorrow. Though, as I've stated in an earlier post, I can't say that I had mine sent before Oct 1st.

It is stupid that they are going to close people apps because the mail is slow/variable. I was really stressed about this as I had sent mine from a Uni on the east coast on Oct 2, but somehow they made it on time. It sucks that they eliminate applications based on random technicalities.

I hope everything goes well fo you guys.

I got the same e-mail. Mine still says "no" for the transcript status. A buddy of mine had his transcript sent the same day as me and his showed up as received a couple of days ago. I think I will call them if the status does not change tomorrow. Though, as I've stated in an earlier post, I can't say that I had mine sent before Oct 1st.

Still not received, I'm getting worried....

Relax, mine didn't say received until like November.

There are 1900 applicants; it isn't easy to enter information for that many people in a day.

Just be patient, and don't bother the nice people at the office yet.

Actually, I called them this morning and the lady who answered (I have to agree she was nice and receptive to my question) said they are done sifting through transcripts. All transcripts have been entered into the system so if yours does not show up as received yet you better send them proof that you requested it before Oct 1st.

That pretty much scraps my app.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Actually, I called them this morning and the lady who answered (I have to agree she was nice and receptive to my question) said they are done sifting through transcripts. All transcripts have been entered into the system so if yours does not show up as received yet you better send them proof that you requested it before Oct 1st.

That pretty much scraps my app.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

What would be an example of the proof? I requested off my school's student information website, will screenshots work?

What would be an example of the proof? I requested off my school's student information website, will screenshots work?

I didn't really ask but I would imagine a screenshot of the request on your registar's website or whatever should work. Maybe a receipt of the order like the ones they usually give you at the end of an online procedure if you saved it. If you used a credit card to order your transcript a screenshot of your statement might help to show you made a payment on that particular date. I would just provide everything you can find...

• 3 weeks later...

This is stupid. I ordered mine on the 3rd and assumed that 8 business days would be enough for my transcript to get there one time (already taking into consideration that Monday was Thanksgiving) and somehow I swear mine got lost somewhere. They never got it and then on Nov 2, I decided to send another for the hell of it.

Today I get an email saying the same thing as the prev mass email they sent out:

We currently have your McGill University transcripts but the deadline for

receipt was on October 15, 2009. Transcripts received past this deadline

will not be considered unless you have proof that your transcripts were

ordered by October 1. If this is the case, you must email the proof to

Adele Meyers at meyers@ucalgary.ca by November 23, 2009.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

Did they say somewhere specifically that if transcripts were going to be late they needed proof they were sent before Oct 1? I don't recall seeing it anywhere until they sent the email out. or maybe I'm just blind.

I think all applicants got this email:

University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine - UofC Medical School Application

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 2:05 PM

All transcripts which have been received by the Office of Admissions have been checked off on the applicants' files. Receipt of these documents may be seen by using the status tab on your application. (Please note that we do NOT require transcripts for current coursework at this time.) Applications which are missing transcripts for coursework which was completed by June 30/2009 will be closed unless you can provide proof that you ordered the transcript on or before October 1, 2009.

You must contact the Office of Admissions no later than October 28 if your transcripts were ordered by October 1. The required proof can be emailed to ucmedapp@ucalgary.ca or sent by fax to 403.210.8148

Regards,

Office of Admissions

This is stupid. I ordered mine on the 3rd and assumed that 8 business days would be enough for my transcript to get there one time (already taking into consideration that Monday was Thanksgiving) and somehow I swear mine got lost somewhere. They never got it and then on Nov 2, I decided to send another for the hell of it.

Today I get an email saying the same thing as the prev mass email they sent out:

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

Did they say somewhere specifically that if transcripts were going to be late they needed proof they were sent before Oct 1? I don't recall seeing it anywhere until they sent the email out. or maybe I'm just blind.

i know i called and they told me about the oct 1 deadline.

It's also posted on the application - log in, goto readme, and then information (i think its information but its def under readme somewhere in bold red print)

gluck

Canada Post is pure garbage. After this application cycle, I refuse to use them for any postal services anymore. Not only did they somehow lose my transcript that was sent to Calgary, they delivered one of my references that was supposed to be next AM guaranteed like 3 days later to McGill. Fortunately, McGill is not anal about their deadline like Calgary but in any case, I'm willing to pay extra and go with Fedex from now on.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

Archived