Premed 101 Forums

Equivalent general chem courses (Engineering Science)

lalalala

Hi,

This is a rather specific question, but I'm going to give it a shot here anyway!

I graduated from Engineering Science (Biomed) at U of T a couple years ago, and was wondering if any NSci grad out there would have information on whether they were able to use some of our courses to satisfy the general/inorganic chem requirements.

Would the following courses work?

CHE150H1 Chemistry (lecture + lab)

CHE390H1 Physical and Inorganic Chem (lecture only)

CHE353H1 Biotransport Phenomena (lecture + lab)

Thanks!

Hi,

This is a rather specific question, but I'm going to give it a shot here anyway!

I graduated from Engineering Science (Biomed) at U of T a couple years ago, and was wondering if any NSci grad out there would have information on whether they were able to use some of our courses to satisfy the general/inorganic chem requirements.

Would the following courses work?

CHE150H1 Chemistry (lecture + lab)

CHE390H1 Physical and Inorganic Chem (lecture only)

CHE353H1 Biotransport Phenomena (lecture + lab)

Thanks!

What a coincidence! I am an NSCI graduate (0T8) and took these exact courses.

CHE150 with lab counted for chemistry. CHE390 will not because most schools need lab component for chemistry. However, some schools require Inorganic Chemistry specifically and you can use this one there.

I am not sure about Biotransport Phenomena but it does not sound like Bio to me (it was all fluids!). I took 2 Bio courses to fulfill Bio requirement.

What a coincidence! I am an NSCI graduate (0T8) and took these exact courses.

CHE150 with lab counted for chemistry. CHE390 will not because most schools need lab component for chemistry. However, some schools require Inorganic Chemistry specifically and you can use this one there.

I am not sure about Biotransport Phenomena but it does not sound like Bio to me (it was all fluids!). I took 2 Bio courses to fulfill Bio requirement.

Thanks for your reply musicaldna! Are you currently in a US medical school?

So it turns out that AMCAS accepts Transport Phenomena as a chemistry course, for anyone who might be interested.

Archived