Premed 101 Forums

Rewrite due to writing sample?

plucky

Hi!

So, another one of these threads, but no one is in the exact same position as me so . . .

I got a PS10/VR10/BS12/O orginally, and was ecstatic for the MC sections even though they're not super high, not so much for the writing sample. Submitted for a remark, and it got bumped up to a P. Should I be happy with this?

I would really prefer not to rewrite, as I have a 3.9+ GPA, and good extra curriculars, but I'm worried about not making the western/Queen's cut offs.

What would you do?

Thanks!

My instincts are to rewrite whenever you get a score that excludes you from some schools, because you can rewrite the darn test infinitely - although I can sure understand the desire to write this thing once! You are so close to roughly increasing the number of Ontario slots you can likely apply to by 50% if you go from P to Q but hold the line on the rest.

Hi!

So, another one of these threads, but no one is in the exact same position as me so . . .

I got a PS10/VR10/BS12/O orginally, and was ecstatic for the MC sections even though they're not super high, not so much for the writing sample. Submitted for a remark, and it got bumped up to a P. Should I be happy with this?

I would really prefer not to rewrite, as I have a 3.9+ GPA, and good extra curriculars, but I'm worried about not making the western/Queen's cut offs.

What would you do?

Thanks!

I had a 36P on my MCAT. I chose not to rewrite. Although I was automatically rejected from Western and Queens I still ended up with 5 interviews in Canada and was ultimately accepted this past cycle.

That's why it is such a tough choice - I redid the test and got into Western as a result. I actually had the same score - a relatively balanced 36P. Rewrote to get a 35S :)

sheesh what did you guys do to get such high mcat scores?

Nothing fancy - got a MCAT book, slowly and consistently went through it over a summer, and did every single practise exam I could get my hands as if they were under real test conditions once done (which was well over a dozen I think with the all AAMC ones, Kaplan, P.R. etc - traded with people and used my premed club to gain access to them).

Archived