Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS appy - work experience

Elusive

How far in the past did you guys go when filling in this section of the application? And how non-medically related jobs did you put it? (obviously if i was a paramedic or nurse in the past id put that in, but how about manager of a fast food establishment about 5 years ago?)

I've had lots of old jobs that typical teenagers have.

I'm thinking

Pro's of putting down several of these old jobs- shows i earned my own money and supported myself through undergraduate, as well as shows i can handle doing things outside of school and still get good grades.

Con's- i'm just concerned that when PD's read over my resume they might think "why did this guy think we'd care he worked at second cup and quizno's like 8 year ago?" "wut a dubdass" "let's not rank him" haha

I guess it should be ok to put them in, just wanted some second opinions.

I've had lots of old jobs that typical teenagers have.

I'm thinking

Pro's of putting down several of these old jobs- shows i earned my own money and supported myself through undergraduate, as well as shows i can handle doing things outside of school and still get good grades.

Con's- i'm just concerned that when PD's read over my resume they might think "why did this guy think we'd care he worked at second cup and quizno's like 8 year ago?" "wut a dubdass" "let's not rank him" haha

I guess it should be ok to put them in, just wanted some second opinions.

i'd put it. if they dont care about it they can ignore it. although i wouldnt put down the jobs if they were in high school. if you did that in undergrad it's fine.

Archived