Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist

Guest Ceds

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NeuroObsessed

Wacko, I believe Aneliz is saying that they start CALLING in July so that they can start moving the waitlist faster (as in, if somebody has already accepted a spot elsewhere, they can just say that on the phone and then UWO can move onto the next person on the waitlist).

This probably means that as of next week, once the first round acceptance responses come in, they will most likely be sending e-mail acceptances!

Hopefully we get some good news! :)

Guest doctags

I thought that the letter implied that they would be calling because they were very definite that they nedded an accurate phone # or was that in prep for July last minute calls!! I guess time will tell.....

Guest aneliz

The waitlist will definitely move before July... however, they usually do not start calling before sending out an offer until July. So, people that get offers in June generally just get an email or a snail mail acceptance similar to the people that received offers in the first round. And those that get offers later in the summer get a call first to see if they are still interested.

Guest chewb83

We will begin contacting people shortly. This will be done by phone.

M Kennard

Admin Assistant

Admissions & Student Affairs

Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry

The University of Western Ontario

Guest chewb83

i emailed uwo admissions and asked when would people on wait list be contacted. i'm hesitant to follow up with an email demanding a thorough evaluation of the word "shortly". So, in the mean time, I wait.

Guest doctags

Thanks I hear you.. Did you email any other schools or only UWO.?? It was nice of them to reply so quickly...was it today that you emailed them??

Guest aneliz

I would guess that the waitlist will likely start moving later this week... but I wouldn't bug them to define 'shortly'. You would be pushing your luck at that point.

Guest NeuroObsessed

Considering the lack of posts, I'm guesssing there has been no movement on the waitlist. We're all still in waitlist purgatory... Good luck everybody!

Guest jonascarter

Yeah, I guess you are righ, Neuro. Judging from the other Ontario schools' forums, it seems that no offers have been made yet. The wait continues..... Good luck everyone.

Guest NeuroObsessed

Sorry chewb83... I guess we're all in that place right now, where every little thing results in an anxiety attack... the lack of work in our lab isn't helping... I'm sure that as soon as there is movement, someone will post! In the meanwhile, I guess we just wait, wait, and wait some more...:)

Guest chewb83

i don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but i just read in the mac forum that one guy got off the waitlist. so either western is slow on their part or the people in this forum, including me are all far from the top of the uwo waitlist. I certainly hope the former is true.

Guest mcpherv

Yeah, the former would be a lot better than the latter - in fact, thatd be great, as people ahead of us all waiting and posting might be taken by other schools first :D

Guest NeuroObsessed

wow... every new post in this thread is giving me a heart attack because I'm expecting someone to say... "I got the magic call/e-mail"... but nothing still!

Yeah, chewb83... I certainly hope that Western's just taking longer to process and it's not that all of us are really low on the waitlist... happy waiting everybody! :)

Guest chewb83

i've a sneaking suspicion that western has already contacted people on the waitlist and unfortunately none of those individuals have posted here...

Guest WesternHpfl10

I called the admission office this morning around 9:30 and was told that Western has not made any new offers. Once again, good luck to all of you out there.

Archived