Premed 101 Forums

UWO Health Science Bhsc - is it hard? how to do well?

Guest sakic26

Guest sakic26

Regarding the bachelor of health sciences...

I have heard mixed reactions about the bhsc (bachelor of health sciences) at the University of Western Ontario. Is this program actually difficult? I heard the first year averages are around 60% but I also heard that the course is easy. What is real general average of this course?

Any tips to do well?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Guest Talon01

Almost any program is easy if you're willing to put the work in to it. The HS program at UWO is very arts based. On the UWO homepage you can get to teacher/course evalulations from previous years so you can guage which teachers/courses were better than others.

Western really is a beautiful school :)

Good luck!

Guest blinknoodle

Hey there,

Please try to keep all your questions about the uwo BHSc program in one thread (I deleted your newest thread since you asked the same question here).

To succeed in your classes, it certainly helps if you enjoy the subject material. Otherwise, work hard to stay on top of your work instead of cramming before your exams. If you come in with the mentality that you will stay on top of your work, it makes it much easier in the long run.

Btw, it is very common for first year university classes at all universities to have 60% averages. There is an adjustment period for many students as they learn about university life, living away from home, increased freedom, etc.

Archived