Premed 101 Forums

MCAT test release date 2010

champ

++. Ideally the afternoon administration.

Why afternoon? Just curious....first timer here so I have no idea how the process works and trying to decide whether the afternoon session or morning session will be more ideal. I have a feeling morning will be better since I tend to do better on my morning exams and I'm usually burnt out by the time the afternoon comes around and don't focus as well.

Why afternoon? Just curious....first timer here so I have no idea how the process works and trying to decide whether the afternoon session or morning session will be more ideal. I have a feeling morning will be better since I tend to do better on my morning exams and I'm usually burnt out by the time the afternoon comes around and don't focus as well.

Well, I wrote my first one last year June 18 8.00 AM -> did well with the exception of verbal (12/9/12/R) so nothing to complain about really.

However, the problem for me was worrying about sleeping past my alarms + some anxiety (my first write and I was putting too much pressure on myself to nail it the 1st time) = not as rested as I would have liked to be.

I think I will be able to be slightly more alert if I start at 2.00 PM (even if I can't fall asleep on time then I can sleep in).

Anywho -> I'm sure this won't make any significant difference, it will be the practice that will hopefully help me get past verbal!!

Well, I wrote my first one last year June 18 8.00 AM -> did well with the exception of verbal (12/9/12/R) so nothing to complain about really.

However, the problem for me was worrying about sleeping past my alarms + some anxiety (my first write and I was putting too much pressure on myself to nail it the 1st time) = not as rested as I would have liked to be.

I think I will be able to be slightly more alert if I start at 2.00 PM (even if I can't fall asleep on time then I can sleep in).

Anywho -> I'm sure this won't make any significant difference, it will be the practice that will hopefully help me get past verbal!!

Was verbal a lot harder than you expected? How come you didn't do so well on it? Seems every gets nailed on that

anyone else having to wait for a long ass time before they can even log in to?

"Welcome to the MCAT Registration system! It is a little crowded at the moment, but please keep this web page open and we will be with you shortly. To make sure that everyone can successfully register for the MCAT exam we're asking new visitors to wait here for a few moments while other registrants finish up."

anyone else having to wait for a long ass time before they can even log in to?

"Welcome to the MCAT Registration system! It is a little crowded at the moment, but please keep this web page open and we will be with you shortly. To make sure that everyone can successfully register for the MCAT exam we're asking new visitors to wait here for a few moments while other registrants finish up."

Yeah, I got that. So I waited and waited, and then it logged me off and went to the login page. d'oh! It's working now, but the new dates aren't up yet.

From the AAMC Registration Page:

Registration for the June - September 2010 MCAT Exam dates will open on February 23, 2010. We regret we are unable to announce a specific opening time.

So for all we know, they could be opening up in the morning, afternoon, or evening. Does anyone with past experience know how quickly the seats fill up?

Was verbal a lot harder than you expected? How come you didn't do so well on it? Seems every gets nailed on that

No. I actually thought it was totally fine. Was expecting about an 11 as per my trend on practices going in. Why didn't it work out?

1) Too cocky. Came to a really difficult passage early on and decided to do it since I thought I was familiar enough with the topic to be able to navigate through the denseness. Lost enough time to make myself change the timing of all the other passages (had to cut down by about 1.5 minutes per passage afterwards and that was something I wasn't used to -> too much rushing).

2) Wasn't in the right state of mind when I started PS and had panicked a bit in the beginning -> took me about half the PS to settle down (I had a chance to go back and recheck) and unfortunately I couldn't get it out of my mind when doing verbal....le sigh. Very disappointed in myself for that one.

3) I should have kept practicing until I hit consistent 12s or so (highest I ever went was a consistent 10/11 so I was handicapping myself) to give myself some breathing room.

Anyway, best of luck to all of us who are trying to get MCAT spots today! With the AAMC not saying anything about the time of registration, it will be a highly annoying day today (especially sitting in class thinking that you may be missing out on your preferred time/location).

Archived