Premed 101 Forums

Roommate for a 2 bedroom apartment

Guest harm

Guest harm

Hi,

I originally posted a message looking for a roommate for my 2 bedroom apartment way back when, but it’s gotten buried down below in the threads. Anyhoo, the roommate spot is still available for a fellow meds. Here’s what I originally wrote on the UWO forum:

“The apartment:

- 1265 Richmond North, 14th floor (north facing side, so it's relatively cool temperature wise, and also cool kewlness wise)

- 10 min walk to that building we have classes in (5 min if your bold enough to swim across the river)

- 2 bedroom apartment with 2 SEPERATE BATHROOMS (complete with shower, sink and toilet)

- a kitchen (with a stove/oven, fridge and sink), dining room, living room, tons of closet space, balcony (view of the foresty area surrounding the river and campus), free parking

- coin operated laundry facility on 2nd floor

- $950/month split in some logical fashion (I'm taking the bigger bedroom, hey, I found the place :P - seriously, I'm a good guy) includes heat and water, (cable, phone, electricity, and internet is NOT included...so that still has to be figured out between the 2 of us)

- there's absolutely no furniture right now, minus the fan ceiling in the dining room and some curtains (but then you can't really sit/sleep on those anyways)

- the lease starts in August and is for 11 months

Now about me,

Without making this sounding too much like a personal ad...

- Entering 1st year Meds

- I just finished a slammin 5 years of undergrad (yah that's right, slammin), 2 years at UofT and 3 years at McMaster

- 22 yrs old, I'm a guy

- I'd prefer a non-smoker, CLEAN, also in meds obviously, and someone within the same age range, a guy or girl roommate doesn't really matter to me (I'm used to guys and girls as roommates in my undergrad years)”

Now I have this new stuff to add:

- I should emphasize TWO SEPARATE COMPLETE BATHROOMS!!!!

- I’m thinking about splitting the lease like this, guy with the bigger room (me) pays $480 and roommate pays $470 (the room’s really aren’t THAT different in size…see pics link below)

- Electricity bill will be split 50/50

- I’m seriously considering NOT activating the phone line because I’ll be carrying my cell phone anyways and it’d just save cost, unless of course roommate can convince me otherwise…

- Internet will likely end up being cable internet so that I can get the cable TV/internet package and then the bill will be split 50/50

- I have PICTURES!!! Pictures of the apartment, the floor plan, and how one might walk to school from the apartment are available at

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=mz3e2px.8o26skl&x=0&y=8eyks2

proceed to the link by copy/pasting it into your browser, then click on “View Photos without signing in” (take note of the caption below each picture which corresponds to the floor plan)

- I have VIDEOS!!! I have four 9 MB vids of a “virtual tour” (which is really just me wondering the apartment figuring out how to open doors and closets). If you become seriously interested, contact me and I can e-mail these video files

And now so that this DOES sound like a personal ad, a little more about me:

I’m clean, I love jazz, I play the piano (although wouldn’t go as far as being able to jam with people just yet), I’m not really into any particular sports (I’ll watch the hockey playoffs if that ever comes back), I hit the gym regularly (JAH, TO PUMP IRON, ARUGH), I don’t really watch much TV during the school year, but if I do it’s teletoon or the comedy channel, I love my pocket pc and am easily amused by small mobile pieces of technology

Okay that really is all I can possibly think of. If you’re interested, contact me at

harmonfong@hotmail.com

PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF. I’m from Mississauga so if you’re from Mississauga, the GTA or the T DOT, we can probably meet in person.

Tis all!

harms

Archived