Premed 101 Forums

Parents signing offer of admission

Guest Sunmoonandstar

Guest Sunmoonandstar

I had my parents sign my offer of admission from Western. Does anyone know if the school or OMSAS is going to give me problems because of that? I'm out of the country and couldn't do it myself. I tried to call admissions a few times (like maybe 10 or 15) and couldn't reach anyone to ask. I guess they're pretty busy.

Guest Steve U of T

When you submitted the OMSAS application, I believe there was a section for an 'alternate contact' or something like that. If you designated your parent(s) there, it should be fine.

I was in the same boat, out of the country. I had designated my mom as my proxy decision maker, so it wasn't a problem having her sign off on it.

Guest Sunmoonandstar

Yeah, OMSAS has my mom's name so it won't be a problem with them. Anyway, I was more worried about Western. I'm probably just being paranoid. Thanks for the responses.

Guest UWOMED2005

My Mom signed mine as I was in Europe for D-day back in 2001. UWO still let me in, and even let me (somehow) graduate! ;)

I did, however, send in a note to OMSAS and the schools I applied stating that I gave permission for my Mom to do this.

Archived