Premed 101 Forums

MMI Decile Improvements

Hi guys,

I remember attending a info session where U of S said that students on average improve 1-2 deciles a year, with a miniumum of -1 decile, and a maximum of 3 deciles statistically. However, a friend of mine told me it is not impossible to improve more then 3 deciles, as she knows of people of have.

I want to get a realistic idea of my chances this year which are more or less solely dependent on my MMI performance.

So what are your experiences with MMI improvements or of those you know of?

Thanks!

Myself - 5th Quintile (9th-10th decile) -> 4th Decile

2 with 2nd -> 1st

2 Did not quality (4th and 5th quintile or 7th decile or more) -> 3rd decile

2 actually went down: 3rd -> 4th

Don't know how much this might help but it is definitely possible to do substantially better than previous interviews.

Read up, prepare mentally, and have fun with the U of S interview and you'll be fine ^_^

Good luck!

NB: I mentioned quintiles b/c in the first admission cycle of the MMI at U of S, MMI feedback was given as a quintile and replaced deciles in 2007.

Myself - 5th Quintile (9th-10th decile) -> 4th Decile

2 with 2nd -> 1st

2 Did not quality (4th and 5th quintile or 7th decile or more) -> 3rd decile

2 actually went down: 3rd -> 4th

Don't know how much this might help but it is definitely possible to do substantially better than previous interviews.

Read up, prepare mentally, and have fun with the U of S interview and you'll be fine ^_^

Good luck!

NB: I mentioned quintiles b/c in the first admission cycle of the MMI at U of S, MMI feedback was given as a quintile and replaced deciles in 2007.

That helped for sure! Thanks, you gave me some hope!

Archived