Premed 101 Forums

Apartment Buildings Within Walking Distance

Guest CalicoKal

Guest CalicoKal

Hi everyone,

So I'm starting to think about the apartment hunt. I've pretty much settled on the 1 bdrm apt concept for now, but I don't want to be all alone. Has anyone already started looking at buildings or know of any that there will be other med students in? I think knowing that there were some others in the same building would be comforting...

Anyone started looking? Am I starting too early?

Guest Steve U of T

I have some friends that just finished either 1st or 2nd year, and apparently a lot of people live near Richmond and Oxford, especially 675 and 695 Richmond St. I was planning to look for something in that area, although those specific buildings are a bit expensive. I'm not sure if you'd consider that walking distance. I think it's about 10 minutes by car, but I suppose it'd be reasonable to walk, at least when the weather is good.

Guest blinknoodle

Masonville Gardens (aka Medical Gardens) also tends to have a healthy proportion of medical students. This is within walking distance (15-20 min walk) and if you're lazy you can always catch the bus right outside the apartments. The Masonville mall and Loblaws are also within walking distance.

Medical students also live in the apartments on Richmond (~1200-1300) - also within walking distance - although I'm not sure if there is any building in particular.

Guest Platinum84

I'm going to be staying near Wonderland/Oxford. I went down to UWO and it's a decent area - nice apartments.

About a 25min walk from the Medsci building - but there's a bus which'll get you from Wonderland/Oxford to the building in about 10 mins or so.

There's a few buildings there - 670, 680, and 690 Wonderland N if I remember correctly (it's Wonderland North, not Wonderland).

Guest makdaddy08

There are some nice apartments at 670-690 Wonderland I agree (very spacious/clean), but there is NO WAY you can walk there in 25 minutes, unless you're jogging/running. I'd say closer to 45-50 minutes...it is not that close to campus at all if you're on foot.

Masonville, or the buildings around 1195-1265 Richmond are probably your best bet for walking-distance apartments. I cant think of any others that would qualify.

Guest UWOMED2005

I lived in the Whitehall appts with 2 buddies for 4th year. REALLY close to campus - but a bit overpriced as the building is a bit old. But not bad.

If you're on your own or especially with one other, Masonville Gardens has some GREAT condos for reasonable prices, right near the shopping mall and grocery store. Campus is a ?20? min walk away, with frequent bus service.

I think that was the most popular living location in 2nd year, once people figured the city out.

Archived