Premed 101 Forums

NSERC-USRA Problem? Any takers?

Filidocpino

Hey all,

I applied for an NSERC-USRA at York in January, and from what I heard at the undergrad office, they have sent out the mail (early March). However, I haven't received anything yet, I really don't care if I got it or have been rejected, I just want some closure.

I have also talked to my proposed supervisor and hasn't heard anything yet, and there's just too much red tape at the admin to get some answers. Also, we have to accept/reject the award in a week as well.

Anyone here can help me or have experienced the same dilemma at any university, this is actually my first time applying for this.

Regards,

At the universities, they usually have someone (a prof/staff member) who's in charge of USRAs at the school. You could talk to them. Or you could call NSERC directly. I wouldn't email, since they may not reply in time. I don't understand the "red tape" issue. Which admin are you talking about? Your university's? Because I can't imagine it's NSERC. They have a whole department relating to awards.

NSERC Student Research Awards 613-947-0428

http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/ContactUs-ContactezNous/ContactDirectory-RepertoiredeContact_eng.asp#Students-Etudiants

Archived