Premed 101 Forums

Match result, DI 2010

I just thought to get this started.. It would be nice if we can post where we matched when we feel like it of course.. And maybe a few tips or suggestions about our application or exepeince that made us to match to this competetive specialty.. Hopefully, it will be useful for other meds looking into radiology! Wow .. 21 min left!

I just thought to get this started.. It would be nice if we can post where we matched when we feel like it of course.. And maybe a few tips or suggestions about our application or exepeince that made us to match to this competetive specialty.. Hopefully, it will be useful for other meds looking into radiology! Wow .. 21 min left!

where did you match sara?

Well, I don't quite have good news, hence why I've been quiet. Didn't match to radiology, and got my second choice discipline instead.

Sorry to hear that ... I hope you like your back up ! U know u can always try to Transfer.. Trying would never hurt..I'm not sure if u got many interviews or not but this yr seems to be a tough yr..have to wait for the stats!

Good luck

sarakj

Sorry to hear that ... I hope you like your back up ! U know u can always try to Transfer.. Trying would never hurt..I'm not sure if u got many interviews or not but this yr seems to be a tough yr..have to wait for the stats!

Yeah, not too many interviews, but I did at the schools I was most interested in. I'm keeping the transfer idea in the back of my mind, but I don't want to go into residency spending all my time wishing I wasn't there and trying to leave for something else. The discipline I got does interest me and for a while was what I wanted to go into, so I'll give it a try and see how it goes first.

It does seem to have been a tough year from everything I've heard. Thanks for the message. I'm glad it worked out for you!

well...i'll add to the silence on this board. which is odd considering there seemed to be tons of posters that got multiple interviews.

i matched to radiology this year! super excited! seems like it was a tough year so im really happy it worked out.

for now, i wont be posting which school (not the same place as you sarakj)

who m.d. - thats a big bummer...i hope you end up enjoying the discipline you matched to and i think you're right, it's best to go in with an open mind instead of with the mindset that you dont want to be there. good luck and i hope everything goes well :)

It is so nice to hear some good news! Hopefully, others will put some time and keep us up to date! I have recieved lots of PM after my match.. Would like to thank everyone for their kind words. Also some asked for some tips to improve thier chance of matching.. Since there are many similar qs, I will try to answer most of the qs here so everyone else can benefit.. I have to put some time for answering qs and I am planning to get it done by weekend.. So please be patient!

Sara Kj

Guest IwantRadiology

I didn't match to radiology:mad: . I had multiple interviews, I've done few electives in rads, done research and published, etc...I really don't know what went wrong. The only thing I didn't do is kiss a$$!!!! Or maybe it's my personality or my ethnic background. Who knows why:rolleyes: ...and I will never kow why....:confused:

One advice I would give to those trying rads for 2011 is to back up with something you wouldn't mind doing if you don't match. Also, prepare yourself mentally and have lower expectation of matchig, so if you match it's a bonus and if not then you won't be too upset.

Going unmatched really hurt. For few times, I really thought about hurting myself....I never had this feeling before in my life...Thankfully I talked to friends and family who helped me calm down...anyway, this will be my last post here...I need to focus in second round and plan my life.

I want to say congrats for those who made it to radiology this year:) . It's a tough year to match.

Going unmatched really hurt. For few times, I really thought about hurting myself....I never had this feeling before in my life...Thankfully I talked to friends and family who helped me calm down...anyway, this will be my last post here...I need to focus in second round and plan my life.

I want to say congrats for those who made it to radiology this year:) . It's a tough year to match.

Iwantradiology, I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't match to Radiology but would hurting yourself really prove anything other than devastate your parents? I'm glad to hear that you have close family and friends to help you get through this tough time.

I also did not match to radiology. Got passed over by 5 programs. However, I had a great backup option that I matched to, and I'm very pleased about that. Leaves the transfer option open and I would be very happy to stay in the program I'm in if that doesn't work out (or I might not even try to switch, we'll see).

Congrats to everyone who did match, I must say I'm somewhat jealous but I know you all worked your butts off to get where you did.

Oh yeah, congrats everyone on the CaRMS match. SaraKJ, one of my good friends is going to TO. Take good care of her, she's awesome! I matched to my top choice on the West Coast.

Congrat for ur big success! I have heard that u of T got a pretty energetic team this yr. Hopefully, I will get to know ur friend pretty soon! Enjoy ur success!

I also did not match to radiology. Got passed over by 5 programs. However, I had a great backup option that I matched to, and I'm very pleased about that. Leaves the transfer option open and I would be very happy to stay in the program I'm in if that doesn't work out (or I might not even try to switch, we'll see).

Congrats to everyone who did match, I must say I'm somewhat jealous but I know you all worked your butts off to get where you did.

I'm sorry u did not match! But happy that u have sth that u like.. That makes things much easier.. Good luck with ur new career path

• 5 weeks later...
what do you guys mean by this year being a tough year? Less sests or something? Or simply a strong pool of candidates? Thx, snd congrats to all that matched

I'm told that the number of candidates was way up. As much as 50% at some schools. So a larger percentage of applicants did not match to radiology than usual.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I was suppose to post some general suggestions and feedback about the interviews! I am too late and I'm really sorry for that! The blame is on LMCC exam! I will get this boring exam done at the end of this week and my new post will be waiting here for u !

Cheers

Sara Kj.. Soon I will be putting down my real name!

Archived