Premed 101 Forums

Admission changes to MDCM?

Guest daryn

Guest daryn

On the website, it says

IMPORTANT NOTICE: There is a change in the requirements for the MDCM, MD-PHD and MD-MBA programs taking effect for the 2007 session. Please visit the "Program & Requirements" section for more information.

Has anyone heard about this?

Second question. Does anybody know roughly what the "formula" is for McGill? i.e. do they place a heavier emphasis on GPA/MCAT/interview/supp app?

(also I'm dying to know what they are going to do about the whole general chem/orgo thing -- under their FAQ section)

Guest DimitriTheDr

Hey daryn, Concerning the changes to the requirements for entry for 2007 all that is new is the need for "Half an academic year (minimum 3 semester-hours¹) of: introductory Organic Chemistry"...they just want to make sure you have some org backgroud.

The decision to invite an applicant for an interview is based on GPA, MCAT, autobiography and lettters of reference....i think if all are in-tune then you should be invited. The final decision is calculated as such: 20% GPA, 20% MCAT, 20% autobiography, 20% interview I and 20% interview II. Also, you should know that the interviews are relaxed! and that the interviewer tends to follow your essay and ask you to ellaborate. SO: not only does your autobiography help land you an interview, it also counts for 20% of the final decision AND influences another 40%. THIS LETTER IS PARAMOUNT!

When are you planning to apply? 2007?

Archived