Premed 101 Forums

Applying to Dal while attending Saba

Does anyone know if this is allowed? I know you can't apply to a school or transfer while your already attending another medical school or in the middle of a masters/phd program but i was wondering if there was any laws governing applying while at an international medical school such as Saba?

There is presently an OMSAS applicant who is attending a Carib med school. Although not asked, he told them during the interview, lettinh them know how well he is doing and of course, he wants to go to a Canadian med school. He received no negative feedback and now awaits May 13th.

I cannot see that you have a problem, but emaoil Dal directly and ask the question.

I have a classmate who attended SABA for a year and then was accepted to Dal (he was attending SABA when he applied and was accepted) so there's no problem there. I have another friend who was in Australia at medical school and then was accepted to Dal. Of course in both situations these students started in 1st year at Dal so they ended up doing first year med twice.

I have a classmate who attended SABA for a year and then was accepted to Dal (he was attending SABA when he applied and was accepted) so there's no problem there. I have another friend who was in Australia at medical school and then was accepted to Dal. Of course in both situations these students started in 1st year at Dal so they ended up doing first year med twice.

not to mention PAYING for 1st year medical school twice... that just plain SUCKS.

The SABA School of Medicine MD Program will cost you $93,500 in tuition fees (alone) over four years.

I suppose that is relatively inexpensive compared to the United States (see graph), but there is probably a reason why SABA chose not to include statistics from Canadian universities.

Source: http://www.saba.edu/saba/images/Forms/calculate_expenses.pdf

not to mention PAYING for 1st year medical school twice... that just plain SUCKS.

In the grand scheme of things paying for it twice would actually save you money (to the tune of ~10,000 bucks when comparing Dal to Saba) vs. staying at an international school for the full 4 years... not to mention the added bonus of being a Canadian grad come CARMS time...

Archived