Premed 101 Forums

Hola.

I've been reading quite a bit on this forum, and I've learned that Med. schools in Canada don't really care about where you did your undergrad (as long as it was done in Canada).

So here's my question: Do international schools discriminate based on the university an applicant goes/went to?

For example, would a U of T student have a better chance than a Ryerson student for admission into an international med school?

In other words, does prestige matter to international schools?

Hola.

I've been reading quite a bit on this forum, and I've learned that Med. schools in Canada don't really care about where you did your undergrad (as long as it was done in Canada).

So here's my question: Do international schools discriminate based on the university an applicant goes/went to?

For example, would a U of T student have a better chance than a Ryerson student for admission into an international med school?

I dont think this matters. at least, it was not applicable to me. i went to a no name school for undergrad. but this is under the assumption that my u of T m.sc had nothing to do with my admission.

Hola.

Nope, prestige doesn't pay their bills...so as long as you got the cash they are very happy.

Nope, prestige doesn't pay their bills...so as long as you got the cash they are very happy.

I get the sense that American schools really care about prestige. Hence the obsession with Ivy Leagues down there. However, your point is probably the predominant influence. :)

Archived