Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist

Guest TyShams

Guest TyShams

Ok, I am not sure why there's seems to be a year's worth of posts missing, so I'll (re)start this thread. I just spoke to the admissions office about the inprovince waitlist. There are still 34 people on the list. To date, there has been one person that has been pulled off of the in province (4 year program) waitlist. She also said that almost everyone has accepted there offers. So as of now, nothing much has changed. I'm still banking on June 15th (when deposits become non refundable), I will call again around that time.

Cheers,

TyShams

Guest zeesh1

Hi TyShams,

Are you sure she told you about the in-province waiting list for the MD.CM program? I called the admissions just now and was told that there has been no movement at all so far... Don't know what's going on, I just can't believe that no one has declined an offer so far. Maybe the admissions office are waiting for the June 15th deadline too before they start taking people off the waiting list.

-Zeesh1

Guest TyShams

Hey Zeesh,that's what admissions told me. I specifically asked her if anyone was pulled of the inprovince waitlist and she said that one person was called off. She was aware that I was calling about the MDCM program. The waiting is really wearing me down. I went to my convocation yesterday and everyone was asking me if I had gotten in. Three of my classmates had gotten into med programs at Laval and UdM. I felt really happen for them, but it made me realise all that much more how much I want this. If this year doesn't work out, I'm going to take some really intense french courses and improve my written and spoken french (bring it up to an academic level) and apply to Laval UdM and Sherbrook. I can't believe that I'm already thinking about next year, but that's the way it goes. By the way zeesh, are you in economics?

Cheers,

TyShams

Guest zeesh1

I haven't started thinking about next year too much, I am hoping that something happens around June 15th this year :) . But I don't think even next year I'll apply to any french unversities, although I might consider applying to the Ontario unversities. I only applied to McGill this year, but I wish I had applied to some other english schools too... anyway it's too late now :)

Oh, and no, I am not from economics. I am from Computer Science.

By the way did you apply to any other schools?

-Zeesh

Guest TyShams

I got a call from admissions, I got in!!! Needless to say, I accepted the offer. I'm happy that now I can relax for the rest of the summer. Good luck for those on the waitlist, I personally know how hard it is to wait for an answer. To answer your question zeesh, I applied to seven schools, UofT, Western, Ottawa, Queens, Mac, Dalhousie, and McGill. I interviewed at two schools (McGill and Mac) and was initially waitlisted at both schools.

Cheers,

TyShams

Archived