Premed 101 Forums

I just realized

Guest dogeatdog12

Guest dogeatdog12

I know I've been asking a lot of questions as of late. I just realized I am an american permanent resident and that would make me qualified to apply to McGill. I am going to school in canada (U of T), and I was wondering if that would disqualify.

the only reason I would ever consider such a crazy notion is because McGill takes more Americans that OOP canadians.

Anyway what is the tuition for americans and what is the selection process

A long questions, so any help is appreciated.

thanks

Guest LoveMcGill

I was in a similar situation (i.e.: having dual citizenship) and I was willing to fork up the international tuition if it meant an improved chance of getting in. However, to be allowed to apply as an international student, you can’t have either Canadian permanent residency or Canadian citizenship. So if you have either dual citizenship or are a permanent resident, your plan will likely not work. If on the other hand you’re studying at U of T as an international student, go for it. There are many amazing international student at McGill who got their undergraduate degrees in Canada. Best of luck.

Int'l tuition for the first year is around $24000 Cdn. For an OOP it's $8,000? 10,000? Well, it's def. les than half of int'l tuition but more than Inprovince tuition. So, 24000 is a big chunk of change for some...for others, we look at it as less than a private school's tuition but more than our public school (if the state has a public school) fees.

Guest dogeatdog12

thanks for answering.

thanks LoveMcGill I appreciate you sharing your past experiences. did you end up getting into McGill as an OOP? care to share your experiences?

It is just stupid that more international students taken than other canadians. I am sorry, if I am the only one who feels this way. I go to U of T as a Canadian applicant

I am going to contact the admin office to find more answers.

thanks

Guest SharkCatcher

that is impossible to do. i am a canadian as well as a citizen of a foreign country. However i am not eligible to apply as a foreigner. Being a citizen of the US does not make u eligible over ppl with dual cit's of other countries.

Archived