Premed 101 Forums

June 17th MCAT!

metukah

getting nervous to be honest.

I am working full time, studying for mcat and I've got some other things on the go. I think I have over-estimated my ability to multi-task

worked my way through practice test 3 and got a 9-10-10 the other day - I have been reviewing but I haven't mastered the material yet. Note, this is my third time writing, and I went through practice test 3 last year I think, so that score is probably inflated...

im in the same boat! i'm just trying to make the most out of everyday until then! but def. getting nervous too

• 4 weeks later...
The only easy part about that exam was the post-exam survey!

I found the PS and BS so tough I debated voiding...

voiding is a bad idea... especially since canadian schools don't care about rewrites... i was legitimately debating voiding mine, because i thought i bombed bio... came out with a 13P 10V 13B S lol

• 1 month later...

So I was super worried that I bombed physics, but I guess you never know...

13/10/Q/13 (PS/VR/WS/BS) = 36Q

However, I don't know if my score is good enough... A 10 in verbal might not cut it at Western and a Q might not cut it at Queen's.... I am in the second degree crew, so realistically I'm aiming for Queen's and Western. How messed up is it that I'm contemplating re-writing a 36Q??? What are the odds that Western's verbal will drop back to 10, or Queen's written will be a Q??? argh!!!!

So I was super worried that I bombed physics, but I guess you never know...

13/10/Q/13 (PS/VR/WS/BS) = 36Q

However, I don't know if my score is good enough... A 10 in verbal might not cut it at Western and a Q might not cut it at Queen's.... I am in the second degree crew, so realistically I'm aiming for Queen's and Western. How messed up is it that I'm contemplating re-writing a 36Q??? What are the odds that Western's verbal will drop back to 10, or Queen's written will be a Q??? argh!!!!

Yikes, that is quite the dilemma

I would say you are safe, but if you know you can improve the 10 and Q, you could always rewrite (seems like PS and BS you will be fine).

Plus Queen's will look at your best score, so even if your score drops but their cutoffs go back to normal, you'll be fine

Just food for thought...I personally would not rewrite, but...who knows

How messed up is it that I'm contemplating re-writing a 36Q??? What are the odds that Western's verbal will drop back to 10, or Queen's written will be a Q??? argh!!!!

Hi Andie,

You're not alone. I wrote the MCAT 2 years ago and scored 37Q. I'm re-writing and aiming for an R just in case for Queen's.

It's so rediculous I'm laughing:D

Archived