Premed 101 Forums

McGill Medical School

Guest jacksonchan85

Guest jacksonchan85

Hello,

I'm entering my 4th-year at McMaster Uni in Biology,

and I really want to go to McGill for medical school.

Stats are..

GPA: 3.54

MCAT: 33Q (VR: 10 BS: 11: PS:12 WS: Q)

have volunteer/research experience

what are my chances?

McGill is my #1 choice for meds!

Guest jbish

If you look at the top post about acceptances/rejects/waitlist you can check out what other people have and compare yourself. Of course, numbers are only numbers...it doesn't say anything about the rest of your life or how you'll interview but my stats are pretty close to yours and I'm starting at McG in two weeks. Enjoy your last year of undergrad!

Guest medicator007

Jacksonchan85,

I am going to assume that you would be applying to McGill Medicine as an Out of Province applicant.

As JBish mentioned, numbers and just numbers, but in your particular case it would appear that both your GPA and MCAT are over the "cutoffs" (CGPA 3.5 % MCAT 30) which certainly is a good start towards being granted an interview.

That being said the OOP applicant pool is rather competitive with very few spots for a bunch of highly qualified applicants. As well, it is difficult to predict how one would perform on the interview and how good your autobiographical submission would be.

Truth be told, there is NO WAY to predict your chances of acceptance. Better to just apply and see where it takes you.

Medicator

• 1 month later...
Guest epsilon11

Yeah, like McGill says that ya need a 30. But I saw a 29 R get accepted from the forums. Is there any chance that they reconsider their cutoffs, in the event that the person is exemplary in all other areas?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived