Premed 101 Forums

What schools favour your last 2-4 years?

The only school I have been able to locate thus far is Ottawa (Only look at your last three full years). Are there other schools similar to this?

I had a rough start to university, but found my way and just finished a great year. I want to have a chance at going to somewhere out of province (Manitoba). I'm planning on doing 2-3 more years of undergrad and at that point should have a very competitive 3-4 years. Aside from Ottawa, are there other schools that won't write me off because of a rough first couple years?

Thanks

Welcome to pm101!

Your question would be better suited for this subforum:

http://premed101.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

However, off the top of my head, I know that queens will look at your most recent 2 years, western is best 2, toronto drops some of your lowest grades if you took a full course load, sask is best 2 years, and alberta (edmonton) drops your lowest year.

Calgary also uses best two years for cut-off and then cumulative for full file review. UBC uses a combination of cGPA, last 60 credits and pre-reqs and has a 10-year rule wherein you can have them ignore any courses that are more than 10 years old. I believe Dalhousie also looks at either best or last two years.

Archived