Premed 101 Forums

writing today

benhc911

so im writing in about three hours... any last minute tips? im freaking out, just going over... EVERYTHING, but so little is sticking at the moment, too nerve-sy

never written before, just did some mocks, and studied, but i didnt have much time to prep... so fingers crossed otherwise its a rewrite in august i suppose

for what its worth im writing in ottawa at 5303 CANOTEK ROAD OTTAWA, ON K1J 9M2 CANADA, anyone know if the center is any good? i guess it doesnt matter... is getting there 1hr early enough? the pdf says 30 minutes min, but ive never done this...

Just relax! It will be okay. :) An hour early is definitely enough time. Just try to calm down as much as you can, and think about how you will celebrate when you're done. Don't worry about last minute cramming right now, just trust in what you know and do the best you can. Good luck!!!

so im writing in about three hours... any last minute tips? im freaking out, just going over... EVERYTHING, but so little is sticking at the moment, too nerve-sy

never written before, just did some mocks, and studied, but i didnt have much time to prep... so fingers crossed otherwise its a rewrite in august i suppose

for what its worth im writing in ottawa at 5303 CANOTEK ROAD OTTAWA, ON K1J 9M2 CANADA, anyone know if the center is any good? i guess it doesnt matter... is getting there 1hr early enough? the pdf says 30 minutes min, but ive never done this...

Aww. Good luck! You'll do great. Just rmb, you've studied hard and that's all you can do.

the two things that keep me calm are that I can take it again, and that because I'm from the middle of nowhere and have a pretty good gpa, northern is a good possibility and they dont require this silliness...

which school literally require it, as in hard cutoffs, not just flagging? I heard uoft flags? ottawa and northern dont need it... and mac is just verbal....

it went well enough i guess, only two other people were writing.

Overall im pleased considering how stressed I was (big breakup) and how little studying I had done (about 2.5 weeks in between summer classes)...

Physics went really well.... it was probably the worst verbal I've ever written, I have never felt so unsure... The writing sample was good, except I wasnt crazy about my synthesis on the second one... and Bio was pretty great considering that I'm a chem eng with minimal bio experience... they did focus on my weakpoints a bit though it seemed... so I probably did a bit worse than my practices...

I wouldnt be too surprised if I got like... 11-13 on phys, 9-11 on verbal, 9-11 on bio and like... an R or something... but honestly I just want to not get cutoff for my MCAT, since my gpa is pretty good (like a 3.9 ish) so that and my ECs should be enough for some interviews if this mcat doesnt kill me...

it went well enough i guess, only two other people were writing.

Overall im pleased considering how stressed I was (big breakup) and how little studying I had done (about 2.5 weeks in between summer classes)...

Physics went really well.... it was probably the worst verbal I've ever written, I have never felt so unsure... The writing sample was good, except I wasnt crazy about my synthesis on the second one... and Bio was pretty great considering that I'm a chem eng with minimal bio experience... they did focus on my weakpoints a bit though it seemed... so I probably did a bit worse than my practices...

I wouldnt be too surprised if I got like... 11-13 on phys, 9-11 on verbal, 9-11 on bio and like... an R or something... but honestly I just want to not get cutoff for my MCAT, since my gpa is pretty good (like a 3.9 ish) so that and my ECs should be enough for some interviews if this mcat doesnt kill me...

Congrats on being done! Could you comment on the passage breakdown for PS and BS? ie. % chem/physics and %bio/ochem? I'm writing June 17

Thanks

there was actually very little chem or ochem... although i guess it depends on how you count things like thermo? for me physics and chem are all the same sort of thing because im in chem eng...

Hmm... ok thanks. I guess it all depends what test you get. Seems like a lot of Ochem studying to do just for one passage and a few questions...but i guess you never know :S

Archived