Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan Practice Tests

jordan19

HI,

So i managed to get my hand on a couple of Kaplan Practice tests, and I was wondering how they fair compared to the real test in terms of difficulty, and scoring. If anybody knows what practice tests are more authentic in terms of representation of the actual thing, and where I can obtain them from, that would great.

thanks,

Jordan

HI,

So i managed to get my hand on a couple of Kaplan Practice tests, and I was wondering how they fair compared to the real test in terms of difficulty, and scoring. If anybody knows what practice tests are more authentic in terms of representation of the actual thing, and where I can obtain them from, that would great.

thanks,

Jordan

Buy the tests from AAMC websites. Those are the real MCAT tests from the past.

• 2 weeks later...

I did better on some sections on the real thing/ about the same on others. I think it's good to take them just to get more practice but don't take those scores as being a determinant of how you'll do (i.e. don't get discouraged if they're not that great, but don't get overconfident if they are). Just practice practice, practice!

Good luck!!!

HI,

thanks,

Jordan

If you have the time, it's still a study tool. Use it to practice if you need it, but I think focus on the cbt versions. For myself I always take longer with the cbt;s.

I was wondering....would using a 2003 kaplan practice test be disadvantageous? (seeing as it is from before the CBT version - it's probably just longer than current ones)

Archived