Premed 101 Forums

Memorizing Equations

metukah

All general equations have to be memorized. If you have a reliable set of study books (e.g. EK), they indicate which you should know.

Sometimes a passage will have a completely new equation that you have to use that you've never seen before..in that case they will give it to you and indicate what the variables mean.

And that is correct, no calculators. Unfortunate, I know.

If you get enough practice in, memorizing is pretty easy.

But having a sheet of equations really helps and using it when required.

I just went through the Nova book once and was able to memorize all the equations from just doing the exercises. Scored an 11 on PS as well

All general equations have to be memorized. If you have a reliable set of study books (e.g. EK), they indicate which you should know.

Sometimes a passage will have a completely new equation that you have to use that you've never seen before..in that case they will give it to you and indicate what the variables mean.

And that is correct, no calculators. Unfortunate, I know.

omg, no calculators!!! dear god, I suck at mental math :(

For EK, so you mean the equations they list in red, bold font (those are the only ones we should memorize)? Thanks

I'm really nervous about this mcat now :S

omg, no calculators!!! dear god, I suck at mental math :(

For EK, so you mean the equations they list in red, bold font (those are the only ones we should memorize)? Thanks

I'm really nervous about this mcat now :S

All and any of the review books usually come with a small section for math, that can be useful to review concepts...most of the math is basic, but i hear yah, i hate calculations also

Archived