Premed 101 Forums

When are interviews conducted?

Guest UofT Student

Guest medicator007

Sorry about that, somehow seem to have missed ur post!

To the best of my knowledge the actual interviews are usually if not always on the weekdays, though in general there are interview related activities (tours of montreal, dinners...etc) on the weekends.

Hope that helps!

Medicator

Guest med2006McGill

For international & OOP students, the interviews are usually conducted on Fridays and Mondays. This year, the interview dates for international students are Jan 17th and Jan 21th. For OOP students, the dates are Feb 21th and 24th.;)

i don't suppose interviewees are given an opportunity to indicate their preference for interviewing on either the 21 or 24, are they?

do the admissions committee and current med students conduct any activities on the sat-sun between these two dates?

-ethan

Guest medicator007

Ethan,

1st year med students do indeed organize events during the weekend. Tours of major montreal locales, dinners, parties at some Montreal night life spots.

I don't think the interviewees are given the opportunity to choose their interview date, but if a conflict does indeed arise you could always call admissions and see what they can arrange. Their staff are awesome!

Medicator

PS Med2006McGill thanks for posting the OOP and International dates... lost that email when i upgraded to Windows XP from the horrendous ME :x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest medicator007

Since its been pretty quiet as of late here and some of the "natives" are getting antsy, just an update.

The international interviews are over to the best of my knowledge. Heard today that at least one candidate was called about their interview and given only one week's notice... don't know if that was a regular situation or a special case or whatever?

Based on the dates posted above I would imagine that you will be getting some feedback vis a vis the OOP interviews some time soon. I KNOW the wait is tough and i totally feel for you guys.... but all in good time as they say!

Cheers and good luck,

Medicator

Guest medicator007

BCGirl,

Being born and raised a Montrealer, I can't comment from personal experience about how OOP receive the notification.

That being said, in my experience, McGill sends letters to all applicants informing them of their interview or that their file has been closed at that particular time. In my case, the office was running late and it was close to interview time so I got a phone call to let me know and then got the letter 2 days later. Hope that helps!

Feel free to post any other questions u may have!

Medicator

PS.... because someone is likely to ask... to the best of my recollection (and thus only remotely "accurate" for in-province) the interview notices were received by applicants before the file closure letters. Maybe it was just a coincidence from last year, maybe they are sent out at different times? Inevitably this questions always gets asked and so i figured i'd just answer it now :D

Archived