Premed 101 Forums

Electives

jadb91

I am currently a McGill student in the undergraduate biochemistry program. I decided to go into honors which has an extra 9 credits over the major program and thus takes up 3 elective courses. Adding to that is the fact that I came in with 30 transfer credits from high school, but I still had to take physics, calculus, and organic chemistry courses to fulfill my pre-reqs. Overall I'm going to graduate with only 2 elective courses (excluding pre-reqs): one english, and one psychology. I know that this won't cut it for US applications, but does it make a difference for McGill? I would rather stay in my honors program if it doesn't hurt my chances at McGill, since my hopes aren't that high for the US anyways. Any advice would be appreciated.

i'm confused at the question. perhaps i'm more tired than i think i am and dont understand fully.

regardless, are you asking if taking only 2 electives will hurt your chances? if so, i dont think electives matter at all. as long as you have all the pre-reqs for med from teh basic science classes then you should be fine.

Archived