Premed 101 Forums

Hello

Hey,

I'm new to this site and I am finding it quite useful. I don't want to sound like a broken record because I've seen quite a few posts similar to the one I am synthesizing...but here I go.. I have been a paramedic for the past two years in BC and I will be attending the U of C in sept. for sciences in the hope that one day I will be a physician. I'm 20 now and I've been out of school for a couple years, but I did very well in all the sciences in high school. I did some college science courses last sept. (2 to be exact) and my marks were decent but not cutting edge. Does anybody have any advice for me that would help my GPA come fall? I know I have to achieve excellence, but honestly I feel quite intimidated at the moment, having been out of school, especially when it comes to the physics and math side of things... Also is being a paramedic a significant benefit when applying to med school? and what sort of EC's should I be looking into? Thanks for taking the time to read my rant, I'm determined to succeed and any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Archived