Premed 101 Forums

summer plans!

The Mac section is fading fast, and I know many of us have very little else to occupy our time with currently ;)

So, anyone want to talk about their summer plans/adventures/torturous thesis writing? I have a little coming from each column!

Currently planning a trip for the beginning of August to Costa Rica, has anyone been before? A friend's mom owns a resort nestled on the beach with jungle behind it, so I'm thinking that will be a good starting point. Then we're thinking about driving to Nicaragua and Panama, just to explore the area and see a little more than just resort living.

Then there's my 2-3 day/week job that pays full time....aaaaaahhhhhh :D

and the dreaded thesis! I don't think I've ever procrastinated this terribly in all of my undergrad years. Something about having my future mostly sorted out now has extinguished the fire that got me to this point :P

Where is everyone else going/working/having fun this summer?

I just submitted my Masters thesis today for my committee to review! I killed a lot of trees printing our 4 copies of that beast. Now I have a big ol' bottle of wine waiting for me tonight when I get home.

I defend at the end of the month and hopefully all goes well!

Then July and August are full of people visiting London, going home to the west coast and heading out to the east coast to visit friends from undergrad.

I plan on reading a ton of cheesy chick-lit books, baking up a storm, and doing little to no work (besides teaching aerobics).

Oh and moving out of my current place and into whatever new one I get in Hamilton. Exciting stuff! I know this summer will flllyyyy by!

Congrats on finishing your thesis janny_jan! :)

And mizz.lee, I have a couple of friends who've went to Costa Rica for a biology trip way back in high school. They loved it! I'm sure you'll enjoy it too.

As for myself, it is pure chillin with friends/family and watching tv for the next little while. Couch potato to the max. And then in mid July to mid August, I'm off to Vietnam to visit a very close friend. It's my first time taking the plane alone so I'm psyched! Then, I'm off to HK and China to see the Great Wall, Expo, etc. I'm going to enjoy my summer as much as possible since we won't really be having much of one for the next few years :rolleyes: .

Nice, nice, I approve of the amount of couch-potatoing planned!

Panda_eyes, I am a little envious of your fancy trip to Asia! I was trying to organize going to Vietnam and Thailand but the flights were just too expensive. I am not ready to spend quite that much of my loan before school even starts ;) I might try to organize a block elective over there for a few weeks in the summer if I can find a preceptor!

Archived