Premed 101 Forums

In Province Waiting List has Moved

Guest dfenst

Guest dfenst

For those who are interested, I just found out that 3 people have been taken off the in-province waiting list. Congrats to those 3 people, and let's keep it coming :)

Guest MtlMDwannabe

Hey DFENST,

I was just wondering, do you (or anybody else for that matter) Know whether or not those people (3 or 4) that were taken off the in-province waiting list know yet, that they have been accepted? Do you personally know anybody who has gotten in off the list this year?

Guest dfenst

That's a really good question. I phoned the office last week and asked "Has the in province waiting list moved yet?" They responded with "It has. 3 people have been taken off". I would assume that this means they have been contacted already, but, again, that is an assumption...I do not know.

Anyone else know?

Guest dfenst

I called again yesterday, and apparently only 2 people have been taken off the waiting list. They have both been contacted and have accepted. The lady on the phone said to call back at the beginning of August to see what the odds are of getting in (How they know this, I don't know). :eek

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MtlMDwannabe

Hey DFENST,

Last month you said that you called and that they told you to call back in early August to see what your chances are (whatever that means):

---------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

The lady on the phone said to call back at the beginning of August to see what the odds are of getting in (How they know this, I don't know).

----------------------------------------------------------

Did you call and if so what was the response? Is anything going that you know of?

I think that I will give them a call this afternoon, I will post if I get anything.

DF

Guest dfenst

As of last week, 2 people were in and 2 people were pending (I think that means that they have not officially accepted the spot). I was not told what my chances were. I would appreciate any feedback you get from your phone call.

DF

Guest MtlMDwannabe

I got nothing!!!!!!

They told me just what we new already, 4 people have been taken off the list and that the list stays open right up until August 14th (orientation day).

Guest medicator007

Permit me to shed some insight. All accepted students have to be present on the 14th in person to register, not attending the session on the 14th means that you give up ur spot and it will be given to someone on the waitinglist. I would imagine in that case that the individual off the waitinglist would be contacted ASAP (presumably by phone, but this is merely conjecture).

Hope this helps

Guest dfenst

Thanks...yhat did help. How do you know so much relatively meaningless information to you? :)

It's amazing how much "stuff" you know! Seriously though, I guess next Wednesday is a big day...

Guest medicator007

Glad I could be of some assitance. I have often been told that I am just a wealth of irrelevant information, which is likely why I did so well in World of Chem.

I have heard that in past years people, for some reason that seems to defy ALL logic, do not show up for the registration. Last year the final rejection letters were received about a week after classes started. So until you got those letters in hand it aint over.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MayFlower

Medicator007...you do seem to have a huge "vat" of information..., I've also been accussed of having such a storage area for irrelevant information! Nice to see you around...I've been having a blast with St. John Ambulance...looking forward to the next round...ha ha. I hope all is well for you in La Belle Province.

Talk to you soon...my email address has changed...I believe you were on the distribution list...if not, drop me a note at the old address over the next couple of days and I will pick yours up and email you my new one.

Cheers,

Peter

Guest medicator007

Glad to hear ur having fun with SJA. Its a great group staffed by wonderful people and I plan on sticking around throughout medical school as much as time permits.

La belle province, is what it is. More arcane politics and policies from our "duly elected" government which didnt even get the most votes.....argh :evil

As for my email, it should be under my profile!

Cheers and as we say in SJA

Pro Fide, Pro Utilitate Hominum :)

Archived