Premed 101 Forums

PRE-ORIENTATION BASH!

Guest rayjaykay

Guest rayjaykay

This might seem crazy, but I was thinking it would be really cool if we could all get together the night (or day) before orientation starts, just some get together, maybe at a bar or restaurant, anywhere. I figure only a portion of people check out this forum, but we could reach out to quite a few if we plan something early. I thought it might be nice to have some fun before regist., even if its just to see familiar faces at registration-i'm interested in feedback, Tony.

Guest medicator007

Sounds like a decent idea i suppose. I know some folks over the Ottawa forum have done something along those lines. Though the McGill section is fairly dead in comparison! If we can generate an appropriate interest i see no reason not to give it a shot!

congrats on ur acceptance and see you in august!

Cheers,

Medicator

Guest KellyD

Hi Tony,

I could definitely be convinced to get together before orientation starts! That is, if I'm not frantically trying to meet my Aug 30th thesis submission deadline... Of course, my intentions are to be finished waaayyy before then, but I'm sure you know about good intentions!! I'll look out for signs that others are interested, too, and hopefully we can pull something off!

Looking forward to meeting all of you,

Kelly

Guest rayjaykay

anyway, just as I had said, if we could meet at a restaurant the night before or someone's place, I wanted to see if there was any interest. Just so this whole idea isn't misconstrued (i hate the anonymity of such forums), my name is Anthony Perkins, from Bishop's University (Que.), can be reached at rayjaykay@hotmail.com and I have been in contact with reps. for orientation. now, that I've checked, I see similar posts for other schools, it was only a sincere attempt to coalesce before registration.

Guest rosie7172

I haven't been on this site since I was applying... this is a much more fun reason to be here!

I am up for pre-orientation. Anyone have any interesting ideas? We could always meet one Sunday at the Tams... frisbee, kites, sunshine... a final hurrah before the craziness that is medical school keeps us indoors.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest maestro

What's up everybody.... I'm from New Jersey, livin on Drummond, and looking forward to meeting you all (hopefully before the 14th). I met Rosie this weekend and she directed me to this site, but otherwise there's no chance I would have ever stumbled across it. So, if we do plan something, I'll hang a sign or two in McIntyre -- you know, for those of us who are wasting away our summers in the lab. If any of you would like to meet up or just chat, you can reach me at 285-2761. Oh, and my name is Ilan, I went to a small, liberal arts college in Massachusetts (Amherst), and I have a strong interest (and limited talent in) music -- hence the User Name.

Archived