Premed 101 Forums

McGill Acceptances!

Guest E

For those of you who had interviews at McGill, acceptances are supposed to be mailed out on Tuesday (May 1st). I have a feeling that it's going to be a VERY stressful week!

Good luck everyone!

E.

Guest Ian Wong

Good luck all!

If you get an acceptance, please post here so that we know the acceptances are out.

Best of luck everyone,

Ian

UBC, MS2

I just received my acceptance letter for McGill today! I am really ecstatic right now, so it is really hard for me to type at the moment. I know that this cannot work out for everybody, but I wish you all the best of luck. If you keep at it, you will get in eventually.

Bye!

E.

P.S. Thanks Ian for the great forum and for all the insight that you gave to all of the frantic applicants that came here! :-)

Guest Ian Wong

Woohoo!!!

Congratulations! The feeling of cracking open the letter and seeing that you got accepted suddenly makes all those long, long hours that you sweated away taking pre-reqs, studying for the MCAT, hassling people for reference letters, conjuring up autobiographies, and travelling for interviews all worth it. You've climbed the mountain! (well, at least the first one). :D

Welcome to med school. :hat

A, you're still in the game. Good luck to you, and to your poor mailman!

Ian

UBC, MS2

• 1 year later...
Guest candybits

I guess it heavily depends on whether you want the traditional lecture-based approach as opposed to the self-directed learning that MAC's program consists of. Choose the type of learning method that you find most comfortable with.

Guest medicator007

The traditional school v. PBL program is certainly a major factor in choosing between the two schools. As has been discussed many times on this board in the past, no medical school is any "better" than the others so you basically have to find the one that fits you best. Other points to consider:

- 3 v. 4 year program

- montreal v. hamilton

-tuition in quebec is much lower depending on residency status

hope that helps!

medicator

Guest melissa

I'm a Quebec resident finishing a Biochem degree at Queen's. I was accepted by McGill. I also got accepted at U of T and UWO. I was rejected with an interview at Queen's and without an interview at McMaster. Queen's would have been my number one choice, but I will accept U of T.

I think McGill used to be the best Canadian school, but the treatment and funding of English institutions by the local government truly scares me. If it was not for them, McGill would have been U of T/ Harvard of Canada. I remember when my parents immigrated to Montreal, I had to move to Ontario so that I could go to an English-based school (immigrants' children have to go to French schools?!). U of T seems to have it all: history, academics, as well as future - worth every penny.

Guest jack castiel

hy my name is jack and im 23 from israel i would like to get more info about the coast and things u need to to to get excepted

10zx

Guest kazoo

Hey Jack,

You need a minimum average GPA of 3.5, and 30 on the MCAT to apply to McGill. For international students, the fees are as follows (not including residence or meals):

1st year: CAN$23,033 (~US$15,000)

2nd year: CAN$20,026 (~US$13,000)

3rd year: CAN$17,068 (~US$11,000)

4th year: CAN$11,620 (~US$7,500)

Archived