Premed 101 Forums

It is too dead in here!

Guest medicator007

Guest medicator007

Folks,

ALL of the other schools forums have been really busy as of late, while for some odd reason McGill has been dead. Where is everyone? So permit me to try and get something going here:

Has anyone gotten in of the waitlist or know of anyone who has?

Did all people on the waiting list receive the immunizations forms?

Lets get this forum back ahead of the others...

Guest MtlMDwannabe

Hey Medicator007,

I've been checking out this forum for a long while now but never joined, when I saw that you were lonely I decided now would be a good time.

I too would like to know if anybody has any news from any of the four Quebec universities. Last time I spoke to McGill they told me not to expect any news about the waiting list before the beginning of June.

take care, and congrats (again) on getting in at McGill!!!!

Guest medicator007

Well glad that you finally joined in on the pandemonium.... for the 4 quebec schools i can only comment on McGill and U of M. Mcgill ur info seems to be rather up to date and as for U of M i hear the results begin to be sent out ASAP after June 15th so good luck if ur waiting to hear from montreal.

So, are u an in-province applicant, where did u apply, what is ur status at those schools and what did u do ur undergrad in?

Thanks fo bringing this forum back to life!

Medicator007

Guest MtlMDwannabe

Just referring to the post the other day that I think you must have erased, man, that person was bitter, I mean McGill is far from perfect but it still has a good program and a good reputation.

I am an in-province applicant I studied Physiology at McGill and I applied at all 4 Quebec schools this year, I interviewed at both McGill (waitlist) and UdeM (waiting to hear around June 15).

How about you medicator007, I'm guessing Biology at McGill with a minor in... I don't know, maybe History or something like that?

When is orientation week at McGill?

Guest medicator007

I guess someone must have removed that post before i got a chance to read/delete it because I have no idea what you are referring to.... but indeed there is much bitterness in ALL of the forums at this time of year. Every school is far from perfect, and no school is any better than the other in Canada merely some programs are better suited to certain individuals.

As for myself, yes indeed i completed a biology major at McGill, information which had been posted on this forum before, but the history minor leads me to believe that my alias is not necessary...

Registration is on August 14th and orientation continues through to the first day of classes on the 19th, or at least this is how i understand it!

Thanks for participating in this thread, no if only others would start posting we could keep up with some of the other schools!

Cheers!

Guest McGillMed06

Hey!

I have been watching this chat for a while. This is my first post. I want McGill comete with the other med schools. This site is not very well known. Well, congrats to all those that got accpeted. I did get accepted, and I am super excited to meet all of you. For those that are on the waiting list, I hope you get good news.

I'll post more later.....

Guest medicator007

Same here, i know the board is more well known in BC and ontario so the fact that they have more messages is not discouraging.... but how are we getting killed by some of the other schools?

Guest MtlMDwannabe

One reason is the typical McGill (i.e.: Montreal) student apathy and the other is that there is really not much to talk about, McGill doesn't give very much info. and all the acceptance/rejection letters have gone out, so all there is left are the lowly waitlisters like me just biting their nails and waiting.

Guest candybits

I've been hanging out at the wrong forum for the past month or so, the Student Doctor Network, which is mainly targeted towards those wanting to get into American medical schools. Someone told me about this site, and hence I'm here and I'm glad to find an equivalent site for the Canadians!

I've been accepted by McGill, and I can hardly wait for the year to begin! :)

Guest medicator007

Congrats!

I am sure you are having one heck of a summer as I know how getting that "red folder" can feel.

Welcome!

Medicator

romococo-

if you're still reading this after receiving your acceptance (CONGRATS!!!!), i was wondering if i could e-mail you just to ask about stuff like the essays and all of that?? i know the app isn't due for a little, but while i'm in my AMCAS frenzy, i figure i should get started on the mcgill app, especially since it's one of my top choices right now.

if anyone else out there is applying or has applied to both american and canadian schools (are all canadian apps the same?? i'm sorry to admit that i have no idea!), please give me any advice you can on how to approach the mcgill app as compared to the AMCAS one!!

thanks so much!

Guest medicator007

S,

If you need any advice on the McGill apps process feel free to contact me on email... you can get it by clicking on my name :-).. this offer goes for anyone else, if you have stuff you dont want to tie the forum up with give me a shout.

medicator

Archived