Premed 101 Forums

They're HEEEEEERE!

Guest medicator007

Guest medicator007

Well my mailman had nothing of interest for me today, but I know of three people (2 in province 4 years, 1 in provinve MD/Phd) who got letters from those nice folks in admissions. All three were waitlisted. I doubt there is any pattern to the manner in which they mail out the letters, but conspiracy theories are always interesting.

Good luck to all those who also have to wait all weekend before the mailman comes again. I slowly feel the amyloids building up inside, i believe a stroke is in the near future.

Cheers!

Guest medicator007

Funny,

That thought had actually crossed my mind earlier in the day. I guess its just a reflection of the lack of sleep this whole waiting thing is causing.

Well best of luck to you McGillBoy, maybe we can both get in and start school together next fall!

Cheers

Three for three waitlisted. I realize that three is too small of a sample to make any sure conclusions, but it does make me want to believe that people who are to receive stuff later will be statistically luckier when the initial interview/acceptance ratio is considered. I am mentally getting ready for a reject though as I am afraid of getting hurt agin after being rejected last year. Good luck everyone once again.

Guest haloo

Unfortuneately I got my bad news yesterday when I went to the office and picked up my letter myself.

Just curious G, do you have any idea what the reasons were for not getting in last year? I had sort of a bad feeling after my interviews but I was wondering if you had tangible info. And it's been a discouraging experience, I'm feeling kinda low. Good for you for persevering for a second year, I hope you get what you want.

Oh, and I'm sure you guys will be curious about this: the envelopes all looked the same, standard brown envelopes. I don't know if the acceptances were heavier or not but I don't think you'll be able to tell much until you open it. Good luck!

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there haloo,

That's crappy news re: your rejection, but I hope you're feeling a wee bit better this morning? One small positive that I relished when I went through it last year: no more excrutiating trips to the mailbox for the next months!

In any case, if you're hooked on this career path, and are not awaiting any other med school responses, you could begin working on your application for next year by, perhaps, approaching McGill and asking for some feedback on this year's application? I'm not very familiar with the workings of the McGill offices, but many admssions offices will give you a wee application de-briefing, especially if you book an appointment with one of the admissions officers where you can sit and chat, one-on-one.

Stay positive: the next round of applications will be upon us before you know it.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest McEntrye

a bunch of people I know from Quebec/montreal 4 years were waitlisted and recieved letters on friday. Seven WL, one rejection.

I was accepted as an international in early march, so i know that the acceptance letter is a big envelope, with a big, red, McGill folder in it.

Good luck all! I hope to see you in august!!!

Guest kazoo

I received my in-province admissions letter today by regular mail. It came in a brown 10"x13" envelope with $0.96 postage, which I proceeded to rip open like candy to reveal the coveted red folder.

Haloo,

I cannot really tell you why I did not get in last year. I thought my interviews went well. Maybe I was just a borderline applicant (3.82/32) who did not have a little bit of luck. There still is a fair chance of getting in from the wait list so keep hoping. Good luck.

Guest McGillBoy

I love red folders!!!

For all those waiting it out on the waitlist - hope to see you next year. Those who got in, congrats, and I will see ya in August!!

( I live on the island for those who are still waiting to hear somethng )

Guest haloo

Hey Kirsteen and G, thanks for the feedback. I'm getting over the 'I'll never get in!' feeling. In any case I'm waiting on two other schools. Congrats to the others and good luck to the rest!

Guest medicator007

Well my mailman again came empty handed to my door today, which really pissed me off. Thankfully when I called admissions this afternoon my call was answered by the goddess of admissions who checked my file and told me that I had been ACCEPTED!

So tomorrow when the mail comes, I can open the 10x13 knowing i'm going to find a red folder inside.

For those who have been accepted already I will see you all in august, for those on the wait list..best of luck to you!

Cheers!

Guest Ian Wong

Hey all you McGill accepteds!

Congratulations! :hat If you've decided that you'll be attending McGill this year, please drop me an email at your convenience. I've got a project that I'd like your help on. mdpremie@yahoo.com

Congrats again!

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived